Old 12-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Karl Larsen

Default gmfsk more

This morning I learned that pulseaudio is still making use of
/dev/dsp an issue for my application. I am starting gmfsk with padsp
gmfsk which works but. I discovered that if I press f2 the padsp drops
out with an error:

[karl@k5di ~]$ psk31
[karl@k5di ~]$ gmfsk: pulsecore/memblock.c:538: pa_memblock_unref:
Assertion `pa_atomic_load(&(b)->_ref) > 0' failed.
gmfsk: pulse/thread-mainloop.c:169: pa_threaded_mainloop_lock: Assertion
`!m->thread || !pa_thread_is_running(m->thread) || !in_worker(m)' failed.

This is no help to me. It is what is printed out after gmfsk
disappears.

If this makes sense to anyone what is happening?

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 12-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Rick Stevens

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 15:27 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
> This morning I learned that pulseaudio is still making use of
> /dev/dsp an issue for my application. I am starting gmfsk with padsp
> gmfsk which works but. I discovered that if I press f2 the padsp drops
> out with an error:
>
> [karl@k5di ~]$ psk31
> [karl@k5di ~]$ gmfsk: pulsecore/memblock.c:538: pa_memblock_unref:
> Assertion `pa_atomic_load(&(b)->_ref) > 0' failed.
> gmfsk: pulse/thread-mainloop.c:169: pa_threaded_mainloop_lock: Assertion
> `!m->thread || !pa_thread_is_running(m->thread) || !in_worker(m)' failed.
>
> This is no help to me. It is what is printed out after gmfsk
> disappears.
>
> If this makes sense to anyone what is happening?

I told you to unload pulseaudio. It interferes with lots of
applications. I don't think it's quite ready for prime-time.

yum remove alsa-plugins-pulseaudio

Old 12-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Karl Larsen

Rick Stevens wrote:

This morning I learned that pulseaudio is still making use of
/dev/dsp an issue for my application. I am starting gmfsk with padsp
gmfsk which works but. I discovered that if I press f2 the padsp drops
out with an error:

[karl@k5di ~]$ psk31
[karl@k5di ~]$ gmfsk: pulsecore/memblock.c:538: pa_memblock_unref:
Assertion `pa_atomic_load(&(b)->_ref) > 0' failed.
gmfsk: pulse/thread-mainloop.c:169: pa_threaded_mainloop_lock: Assertion
`!m->thread || !pa_thread_is_running(m->thread) || !in_worker(m)' failed.

This is no help to me. It is what is printed out after gmfsk
disappears.

If this makes sense to anyone what is happening?

I told you to unload pulseaudio. It interferes with lots of
applications. I don't think it's quite ready for prime-time.

yum remove alsa-plugins-pulseaudio

[root@k5di ~]# yum remove alsa-plugins-pulseaudio
Setting up Remove Process
livna 100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
00:00
fedora 100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
00:00
updates 100% |=========================| 2.3 kB
00:00
No Match for argument: alsa-plugins-pulseaudio

No Packages marked for removal

As I thought I did this so my VLC would work again. But while I was
looking at Users there are still several that calim to be pulseaudio.
Those where not removed by yum.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

- -
- What is a "free" gift? Aren't all gifts free? -

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.