Old 08-25-2008, 10:36 PM
"Michael Semcheski"

Default Fedora Systems that were Updated

I've got six Fedora 8 and two Fedora 9 systems. I was on vacation
while the whole security incident happened and the announcement went
out not to update the systems. I guess that announcement got lost in
the mail. When I got back, I had a ton of email that I was trying to
get through, and I saw that there were updates available for the F8
and F9 systems. I applied the updates, then saw that there might be
an issue.

I'm not trying to be overly paranoid, I'm trying to be just paranoid
enough. I'd prefer not to have to take any drastic corrective
actions, but I will if I need to.

Should I rebuild all those systems? I get the sense that there were
no packages altered. I'm not running a financial institution. I do
keep tabs on what these machines are up to, but its not my sole, or
even primary concern.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Michael Semcheski wrote:

I've got six Fedora 8 and two Fedora 9 systems. I was on vacation
while the whole security incident happened and the announcement went
out not to update the systems. I guess that announcement got lost in
the mail. When I got back, I had a ton of email that I was trying to
get through, and I saw that there were updates available for the F8
and F9 systems. I applied the updates, then saw that there might be
an issue.

I'm not trying to be overly paranoid, I'm trying to be just paranoid
enough. I'd prefer not to have to take any drastic corrective
actions, but I will if I need to.

Should I rebuild all those systems? I get the sense that there were
no packages altered. I'm not running a financial institution. I do
keep tabs on what these machines are up to, but its not my sole, or
even primary concern.

As per the last announcement, no Fedora packages have been (knowingly)
altered. So shouldn't be necessary.

Rahul