-   -   OT Electronics Help (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/148762-ot-electronics-help.html)

08-25-2008 10:17 PM

OT Electronics Help

Okay so this is way off topic but I need some help. I tried doing a
Google search but I don't know enough to get my query right.

I have several external components that I would like to come on when my
computer comes on. I would also like them to go off when my computer goes
off. Some sort of electronic switch that I could plug in to one of my
PC's spare 4 pin power plugs work work fine.

To make things a little more complicated (and Linux related) I would also
like this. I have a water cooling system with a variable voltage water
pump. It would be nice if I could simply poll lmsensors and have a
program bump up the voltage until the CPU is below a certain temperature.

Does anyone know where I should start? I don't mind wiring up something
myself as long as I know what components I should be looking at.

Thanks for the help in advance.

believed to be clean.

Frank Cox 08-25-2008 10:21 PM

OT Electronics Help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X10_(industry_standard)

Konstantin Svist 08-25-2008 10:25 PM

OT Electronics Help

http://www.hackaday.com/2008/08/18/usb-switched-power-strip/

"Joseph L. Casale" 08-25-2008 10:26 PM

OT Electronics Help

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X10_(industry_standard)

Dump the X10, use Insteon or something newer :)

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Category:Automation

jlc