Old 08-25-2008, 04:35 AM
Kevin Fenzi

Default update error on F9

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:28:13 -0700
pnewell@cs.cmu.edu (Paul Newell) wrote:

...snipp...

> My question to fedora-list is "what is the org.frredesktop.etc error
> and how to I correct so it will work". If I need to go command line
> and do it through yum, that's okay ... I just need a bit of guidance
> on the process.

Do not login as root and attempt to run PackageKit/update.

Either:

- Login as root, but run 'yum update' from a terminal.

- Login as a normal user and apply updates via PackageKit.

See:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageKitFaq#system-install-packages_and_gpk-install-file_do_not_work_when_run_as_the_root_user.21

> Thanks in advance,
> Paul

kevin

Old 08-25-2008, 04:51 AM
Paul Newell

Kevin Fenzi wrote:

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:28:13 -0700
My question to fedora-list is "what is the org.frredesktop.etc error
and how to I correct so it will work". If I need to go command line
and do it through yum, that's okay ... I just need a bit of guidance
on the process.

Do not login as root and attempt to run PackageKit/update.

Either:

- Login as root, but run 'yum update' from a terminal.

- Login as a normal user and apply updates via PackageKit.

See:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageKitFaq#system-install-packages_and_gpk-install-file_do_not_work_when_run_as_the_root_user.21

Thanks in advance,
Paul

kevin

Thanks, will try this suggestion during the next week

Paul

Old 08-25-2008, 04:54 AM
Paul Newell