Old 08-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Sean Bruno

Default Music Collection HTML Generator

I've been poking around trying to find a decent way of creating an HTML
document that represents my music collection.

I've been using the Amarok Ruby plugin to generate a list, but it
doesn't show the tracks available per album.

Any suggestions?

Sean

Old 08-25-2008, 04:30 AM
"Steven P. Ulrick"

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 16:39:40 -0700
Sean Bruno <sean.bruno@dsl-only.net> wrote:

> I've been poking around trying to find a decent way of creating an
> HTML document that represents my music collection.
>
> I've been using the Amarok Ruby plugin to generate a list, but it
> doesn't show the tracks available per album.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Sean

Hello Sean
I hope I do not misunderstand what you want. With that in mind, might
this be what you are after:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mp3report/mp3report-1.0.2.tar.gz?modtime=954972785&big_mirror=0

The project page is here:
http://mp3report.sourceforge.net/

If that does not give you enough information, I made two sample
reports. One uses the option "--printmode":
http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/keith_green-printmode.html

the other does not:
http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/keith_green-nonprintmode.html

Here are the respective commands that I used to generate the above two
examples:

./mp3report.pl --title="Keith Green - "--printmode""
--outfile=/home/steve/.public_html/keith_green-printmode.html
--printmode --id3v2 /home/steve/Archives/Music/Christian/g/Green,
Keith/

./mp3report.pl --title="Keith Green - Non-Print Mode"
--outfile=/home/steve/.public_html/keith_green-nonprintmode.html
--id3v2 /home/steve/Archives/Music/Christian/g/Green, Keith/

Again, I hope that this is what you are looking for.

Steven P. Ulrick

Old 08-25-2008, 04:41 AM

Old 08-25-2008, 05:05 AM
Sean Bruno

> The project page is here:
> http://mp3report.sourceforge.net/

Indeed that is really close to what I was looking for.

I guess the reason why I was using the Amarok plugin was that I have
a lot of music in non-mp3 format(ogg, flac, wav, mp4[?]). This may be
an issue with your app. Perhaps importing the various other modules for
flac, ogg etc would "just work" <tm>

I ran this app against my collection and seem to have hit a snag. I'm
not seeing any output file from my invocation, so I'm not sure if the
app is just bailing or what:

Scanning /opt/media/Music/woodstock_94_disc_2...
Scanning /opt/media/Music/wynton_marsalis__kathleen_battle -
baroque_duet...
Scanning /opt/media/Music/zz_top...
Scanning /opt/media/Music/zz_top/zz_top - fandango...
Scanning /opt/media/Music/zz_top/zz_top - the_best_of_zz_top...

Writing report to ~/Desktop/test.html...print() on closed filehandle EET
at ./mp3report.pl line 138, <_GEN_1> line 40985.
print() on closed filehandle EET at ./mp3report.pl line 141, <_GEN_0>
line 1.
print() on closed filehandle EET at ./mp3report.pl line 141, <_GEN_0>
line 2.
print() on closed filehandle EET at ./mp3report.pl line 141, <_GEN_0>
line 3.

print() on closed filehandle EET at ./mp3report.pl line 141, <_GEN_0>
line 50825.
print() on closed filehandle EET at ./mp3report.pl line 141, <_GEN_0>
line 50826.
print() on closed filehandle EET at ./mp3report.pl line 148.

Done, report generated in 27.82 seconds!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Craig White

On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 23:30 -0500, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 16:39:40 -0700
> Sean Bruno <sean.bruno@dsl-only.net> wrote:
>
> > I've been poking around trying to find a decent way of creating an
> > HTML document that represents my music collection.
> >
> > I've been using the Amarok Ruby plugin to generate a list, but it
> > doesn't show the tracks available per album.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Sean
>
> Hello Sean
> I hope I do not misunderstand what you want. With that in mind, might
> this be what you are after:
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mp3report/mp3report-1.0.2.tar.gz?modtime=954972785&big_mirror=0
>
> The project page is here:
> http://mp3report.sourceforge.net/
>
> If that does not give you enough information, I made two sample
> reports. One uses the option "--printmode":
> http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/keith_green-printmode.html
>
> the other does not:
> http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/keith_green-nonprintmode.html
>
> Here are the respective commands that I used to generate the above two
> examples:
>
> ./mp3report.pl --title="Keith Green - "--printmode""
> --outfile=/home/steve/.public_html/keith_green-printmode.html
> --printmode --id3v2 /home/steve/Archives/Music/Christian/g/Green,
> Keith/
>
> ./mp3report.pl --title="Keith Green - Non-Print Mode"
> --outfile=/home/steve/.public_html/keith_green-nonprintmode.html
> --id3v2 /home/steve/Archives/Music/Christian/g/Green, Keith/
>
> Again, I hope that this is what you are looking for.
----
that looks pretty cool but I am locked into Apple / AAC format and I
don't see that as an option ;-(

Craig