Old 08-24-2008, 08:37 PM
"Kevin J. Cummings"

Default H.D. install problem -

Bob Goodwin wrote:
Ok, I can't mount it on / because that's already used but I can mount it
on /mnt and copy files at least. Thats a start, more than I've been
able to do so far!

Why on earth would you want to mount it on "/"???? Then you wouldn't
have access to your F9 filesystem (the F8 one would be mounted on top of
it)....

mount /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 /mnt

I'll need to figure how to get grub to boot it ...

Should be similar to how the F9 system is booted, just the root= part
should change, right? While you have your F8 filesystem mounted, look
at your F8 grub.conf file and create an entry for it in your F9
grub.conf file.

But that's a big help.

Thanks.

Bob