Old 08-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Chris Byrd

Default How to restore a folder from trash?

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 07:53:59PM +0100, Colin Paul Adams wrote:

> Frank> mv ~/.Trash/Pictures ~
>
> I don't have a directory named .Trash .
>
> This is Fedora 9, and I am using GNOME.
> --

Try the following

mv ~/.local/share/Trash/files/Pictures ~

Old 08-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Colin Paul Adams

I have just accidentally moved my Pictures folder to trash.

How can I move it back? If I try to cut-and-paste, it says there is
not enough free-space on the drive (there is only 25GB). I guess this
is because it tries to copy and then delete.

So really I just need to move the directory entry. How can I do this?
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire

Old 08-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Frank Cox

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:45:42 +0100
Colin Paul Adams <colin@colina.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> So really I just need to move the directory entry. How can I do this?

mv ~/.Trash/Pictures ~

Old 08-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Colin Paul Adams

Old 08-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Frank Cox

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:53:59 +0100
Colin Paul Adams <colin@colina.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I don't have a directory named .Trash .
>
> This is Fedora 9,

mv ~/.local/share/Trash/Pictures ~

Old 08-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Colin Paul Adams

Chris> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 07:53:59PM +0100, Colin Paul Adams wrote:

Frank> mv ~/.Trash/Pictures ~

>> I don't have a directory named .Trash .
>>
>> This is Fedora 9, and I am using GNOME. --

Chris> Try the following

Chris> mv ~/.local/share/Trash/files/Pictures ~

Thanks very much Chris. That worked.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire