Old 08-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Sam Varshavchik

Default Sensors monitor

Is there a monitoring tool for lm_sensors in the distro? I need something
that periodically runs sensors and mails me, or shuts down, if something
goes out of wack. This would be a trivial script to write, myself, but I'd
thought someone might've invented this wheel already.

Basically, the equivalent of smartmontools, but for lm_sensors.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:44 AM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Is there a monitoring tool for lm_sensors in the distro? I need
> something that periodically runs sensors and mails me, or shuts down, if
> something goes out of wack. This would be a trivial script to write,
> myself, but I'd thought someone might've invented this wheel already.
>
> Basically, the equivalent of smartmontools, but for lm_sensors.

Take a look at lm_sensors-sensord - you can install it with yum.

Mikkel