Old 08-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Andrea

Default Which gcc was used to compile OpenOffice.org?

Hi,

I am trying to develop an add-in (in C++) for OpenOffice.org Calc, and after a while I have found
out that I need to use the same compiler used to compile OO otherwise anything could go wrong.

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=21536

In my case, exceptions are not caught, but OO terminates immediately like

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'

I am in Fedora 9, and the compiler shipped is gcc 4.3.0.
How can I find which gcc was used to compile OpenOffice?

Cheers

Old 08-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Andrea

Andrea wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to develop an add-in (in C++) for OpenOffice.org Calc, and after a while I have found
> out that I need to use the same compiler used to compile OO otherwise anything could go wrong.
>
> http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=21536
>
> In my case, exceptions are not caught, but OO terminates immediately like
>
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'
>
> I am in Fedora 9, and the compiler shipped is gcc 4.3.0.
> How can I find which gcc was used to compile OpenOffice?
>
> Cheers

I does not matter.
The issue was with some options passed to the linker to do with RTTI.

Cheers