Old 08-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Aaron Konstam

Default Unintended consequences of NOSCRIPT add-on.

Yesterday as result og a message on this list I added the NOSCRIPT
add-on to my Firefox. The result was this morning was that I could not
login to TIAA_CREF to check my investments.

Now NOSCRIPT says it allows you to run content only from sites you
trust. How would I indicate that I can trust TIAA_CREF?

Old 08-23-2008, 01:59 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Yesterday as result og a message on this list I added the NOSCRIPT
> add-on to my Firefox. The result was this morning was that I could not
> login to TIAA_CREF to check my investments.
>
> Now NOSCRIPT says it allows you to run content only from sites you
> trust. How would I indicate that I can trust TIAA_CREF?

Click on the S in the bottom status bar - you will be given options.
You can also go to Tools --> Add-ons --> NoScript --> Preferences
--> Whitelist.

Mikkel

Old 08-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Gene Heskett

On Saturday 23 August 2008, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>Yesterday as result og a message on this list I added the NOSCRIPT
>add-on to my Firefox. The result was this morning was that I could not
>login to TIAA_CREF to check my investments.
>
>Now NOSCRIPT says it allows you to run content only from sites you
>trust. How would I indicate that I can trust TIAA_CREF?

Do you not see that yellow bar at the bottom of the ff screen? Clicking on
the button on the right end of it allows you to set those preferences in real
time.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Old 08-23-2008, 04:27 PM

Old 08-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 08:59 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > Yesterday as result og a message on this list I added the NOSCRIPT
> > add-on to my Firefox. The result was this morning was that I could not
> > login to TIAA_CREF to check my investments.
> >
> > Now NOSCRIPT says it allows you to run content only from sites you
> > trust. How would I indicate that I can trust TIAA_CREF?
> >
> Click on the S in the bottom status bar - you will be given options.
> You can also go to Tools --> Add-ons --> NoScript --> Preferences
> --> Whitelist.
>
> Mikkel
That seems to work so all is well.