Old 08-22-2008, 06:35 PM
"David Hláčik"

Default hibernate question

Hello, which services are responsible for hibernation?

Is this only kernel question?

Does drivers needs to support hibernation too?

Thanks!

D.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:26 AM
Tim

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 20:35 +0200, David Hláčik wrote:
> Does drivers needs to support hibernation too?

Yes. e.g. My laptop has a NVidia graphics chipset. If I use the nv
xorg driver, hibernation and suspending would fatally foul up while
trying to wake up. But, with the nvidia driver from Livna, both modes
work fine.

The hardware has to support going to sleep and waking up again, which
will mean the software driving it must, too.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.