Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora User (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/)
-   -   hibernate does not work (system will restart) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/146871-hibernate-does-not-work-system-will-restart.html)

"David Hláčik" 08-22-2008 09:53 AM

hibernate does not work (system will restart)
 
Hello,

i have just noticed ,that with newest kernel hibernation does not work
on my computer. When i will press hibernate / or it will automatically
hibernate (power management - hibernation with NB on battery) computer
will normally shut down.
During kernel boot NB restart itself . Hibernation is corrupted.

[boss@david ~]$ uname -a
Linux david 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686 #1 SMP Mon Aug 4 14:08:11 EDT 2008
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

David.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list

"David Hláčik" 08-22-2008 10:05 AM

hibernate does not work (system will restart)
 
Well, i have just discovered that it does not work with older kernel
(before current) also ! :(
It was working well. Now not.

I need to notice that i have also laptop-mode tool installed
http://samwel.tk/laptop_mode/packages/fedora

Thanks in advance!

D.

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:53 AM, David Hláčik <david@hlacik.eu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have just noticed ,that with newest kernel hibernation does not work
> on my computer. When i will press hibernate / or it will automatically
> hibernate (power management - hibernation with NB on battery) computer
> will normally shut down.
> During kernel boot NB restart itself . Hibernation is corrupted.
>
> [boss@david ~]$ uname -a
> Linux david 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686 #1 SMP Mon Aug 4 14:08:11 EDT 2008
> i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> David.
>

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list

"David Hláčik" 08-22-2008 10:59 AM

hibernate does not work (system will restart)
 
[root@david ~]# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 Memory
Controller Hub (rev 03)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 PCI
Express Root Port (rev 03)
00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB
UHCI Controller #4 (rev 03)
00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB
UHCI Controller #5 (rev 03)
00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2
EHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
Controller (rev 03)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express
Port 1 (rev 03)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express
Port 2 (rev 03)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express
Port 3 (rev 03)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express
Port 4 (rev 03)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express
Port 5 (rev 03)
00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express
Port 6 (rev 03)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB
UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB
UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB
UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2
EHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev f3)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801HEM (ICH8M) LPC Interface
Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801HBM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E)
IDE Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801HBM/HEM
(ICH8M/ICH8M-E) SATA AHCI Controller (rev 03)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Mobility Radeon HD 2400
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit
Ethernet Adapter (rev b0)
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or
AGN Network Connection (rev 61)
04:00.0 SATA controller: JMicron Technologies, Inc. JMicron
20360/20363 AHCI Controller (rev 02)
08:00.0 Memory controller: Intel Corporation Turbo Memory Controller (rev 01)
09:01.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller (rev 05)
09:01.1 SD Host controller: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro
Host Adapter (rev 22)
09:01.2 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller (rev 12)
09:01.3 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host
Adapter (rev 12)
09:01.4 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller (rev ff)


2008/8/22 David Hláčik <david@hlacik.eu>:
> Well, i have just discovered that it does not work with older kernel
> (before current) also ! :(
> It was working well. Now not.
>
> I need to notice that i have also laptop-mode tool installed
> http://samwel.tk/laptop_mode/packages/fedora
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> D.
>
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:53 AM, David Hláčik <david@hlacik.eu> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> i have just noticed ,that with newest kernel hibernation does not work
>> on my computer. When i will press hibernate / or it will automatically
>> hibernate (power management - hibernation with NB on battery) computer
>> will normally shut down.
>> During kernel boot NB restart itself . Hibernation is corrupted.
>>
>> [boss@david ~]$ uname -a
>> Linux david 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686 #1 SMP Mon Aug 4 14:08:11 EDT 2008
>> i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>>
>> David.
>>
>

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list

Timothy Murphy 08-22-2008 01:09 PM

hibernate does not work (system will restart)
 
David Hláčik wrote:

> I need to notice that i have also laptop-mode tool installed
> http://samwel.tk/laptop_mode/packages/fedora

Is there a package called laptop-mode (or laptop_mode)?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail (<80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366
s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list

"David Hláčik" 08-22-2008 01:15 PM

hibernate does not work (system will restart)
 
On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Timothy Murphy
<tim@birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie> wrote:
> David Hláčik wrote:
>
>> I need to notice that i have also laptop-mode tool installed
>> http://samwel.tk/laptop_mode/packages/fedora
>
> Is there a package called laptop-mode (or laptop_mode)?
>
It's not included in fedora repo's.

Link i have provided contains Fedora 9 rpm.
Laptop mode will save your battery power, by lowering CPU frequency
and other thinks ...

D.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list

"David Hláčik" 08-22-2008 01:18 PM

hibernate does not work (system will restart)
 
SO i have played.

I installed newest kernel from rawhide repo (yum install kernel
--enablerepo=rawhide). What is good, that i did not have complains
about ACPI during boot process.
What is not good, that it still does not work . (during resume from
hibernate laptop will reset and then boot normaly :( ).

I am pretty sure it was working for me before. What i have installed
since then is radeonhd driver (x11) , and alsa-driver from atrpms. I
removed both but it did not helped.

Please help me :(

Regards,

David
> --
> Timothy Murphy
> e-mail (<80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
> tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366
> s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
>
> --
> fedora-list mailing list
> fedora-list@redhat.com
> To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
>
2008/8/22 David Hláčik <david@hlacik.eu>:
> Well, i have just discovered that it does not work with older kernel
> (before current) also ! :(
> It was working well. Now not.
>
> I need to notice that i have also laptop-mode tool installed
> http://samwel.tk/laptop_mode/packages/fedora
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> D.
>
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:53 AM, David Hláčik <david@hlacik.eu> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> i have just noticed ,that with newest kernel hibernation does not work
>> on my computer. When i will press hibernate / or it will automatically
>> hibernate (power management - hibernation with NB on battery) computer
>> will normally shut down.
>> During kernel boot NB restart itself . Hibernation is corrupted.
>>
>> [boss@david ~]$ uname -a
>> Linux david 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686 #1 SMP Mon Aug 4 14:08:11 EDT 2008
>> i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>>
>> David.
>>
>

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list

g 08-22-2008 07:55 PM

hibernate does not work (system will restart)
 
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


David Hláčik wrote:
<snip>
> What is not good, that it still does not work . (during resume from
> hibernate laptop will reset and then boot normaly :( ).

laptop or desktop?

ria, i have noticed that there are some laptops that have a bios problem
and hibernate works after bios update. may apply in your case.


- --
tc,hago.

g
.

in a free world without fences, who needs gates.

learn linux:
'Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition' http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
'The Linux Documentation Project' http://www.tldp.org/
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Red Hat - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIrxmd+C4Bj9Rkw/wRAmclAJ9TVljKKHqCKReaW9x6xno9Hy6uYACgr0Ud
ucHYzNeiEQw8lrVBT/VhIrU=
=kPnD
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list

"David Hláčik" 08-22-2008 09:23 PM

hibernate does not work (system will restart)
 
> ria, i have noticed that there are some laptops that have a bios problem
> and hibernate works after bios update. may apply in your case.
>
>
Thanks , but i have already latest bios update for my Asus Laptop.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list

g 08-22-2008 10:20 PM

hibernate does not work (system will restart)
 
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


David Hláčik wrote:
> Thanks , but i have already latest bios update for my Asus Laptop.

you are welcome. thought i would pass along just in event you had not.

thanks for changing you text setup.

- --
tc,hago.

g
.

in a free world without fences, who needs gates.

learn linux:
'Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition' http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
'The Linux Documentation Project' http://www.tldp.org/
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Red Hat - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIrzvJ+C4Bj9Rkw/wRAn/FAKDWdErrLED7cIFI9bBUbyxxnsn3uwCgkKVc
c0YTqzu5ArhQTguPIUE/Zwc=
=WdXV
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list

"David Hláčik" 08-23-2008 10:46 AM

hibernate does not work (system will restart)
 
Great News guys!

I have tried to switch runinit to level 3 (multi-user without X). I
have tried hibernate there and it worked like a charm!
So i finally understood it is really graphic card drivers questions. I
have found xorg ati driver in updates-testing repo for my Fedora 9 -
xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.8.0-19.fc9.i386.

I did installed it and now hibernation for me works like a charm!
Great work guys from devel!

Btw, for those having problems with sleep i really recommend
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/

Thanks!

D.

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 12:20 AM, g <geleem@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
>
> David Hláčik wrote:
>> Thanks , but i have already latest bios update for my Asus Laptop.
>
> you are welcome. thought i would pass along just in event you had not.
>
> thanks for changing you text setup.
>
> - --
> tc,hago.
>
> g
> .
>
> in a free world without fences, who needs gates.
>
> learn linux:
> 'Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition' http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
> 'The Linux Documentation Project' http://www.tldp.org/
> 'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Red Hat - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>
> iD8DBQFIrzvJ+C4Bj9Rkw/wRAn/FAKDWdErrLED7cIFI9bBUbyxxnsn3uwCgkKVc
> c0YTqzu5ArhQTguPIUE/Zwc=
> =WdXV
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
> --
> fedora-list mailing list
> fedora-list@redhat.com
> To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
>

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:39 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.