Old 08-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Srikanth Konjarla

Default Blog Client

What is the popular tool to use as a weblog client (for wordpress
primarily)?

Thanks

Old 08-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Srikanth Konjarla wrote:
What is the popular tool to use as a weblog client (for wordpress
primarily)?

Drivel

# yum info drivel
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Available Packages
Name : drivel
Arch : i386
Version : 2.1.1
Release : 0.5.20071130svn.fc9
Size : 432 k
Repo : fedora
It had been designed with usability in mind, and presents an elegant
user interface.

Rahul

Old 08-22-2008, 01:47 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Srikanth Konjarla wrote:
I have installed it. But, can't find API support for wordpress. Is it
supported?

Yep. Check this article for details:

http://www.linux.com/feature/58265

Rahul

Old 08-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Bob Goodwin USA

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Srikanth Konjarla wrote:
I have installed it. But, can't find API support for wordpress. Is it
supported?

Yep. Check this article for details:

http://www.linux.com/feature/58265

Rahul

I just tried installing it [yum] but could never get past the
user/password? There's no man page with it ... I looked for a
configuration file, found none. Yum removed it ok.

What am I doing wrong?

Bob

Old 08-22-2008, 01:47 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 07:52 -0400, Bob Goodwin USA wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Srikanth Konjarla wrote:
> >> I have installed it. But, can't find API support for wordpress. Is it
> >> supported?
> >
> > Yep. Check this article for details:
> >
> > http://www.linux.com/feature/58265
> >
> > Rahul
> >
> I just tried installing it [yum] but could never get past the
> user/password? There's no man page with it ... I looked for a
> configuration file, found none. Yum removed it ok.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

A lot of packages nowadays have no man page (boo!) but do have HTML
docs. Try "rpm -qd <package>", or if that doesn't work "rpm -ql
<package>".

poc

Old 08-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Srikanth Konjarla

As an update, i finally settled with BloGTK which seems to integrate
well with MetaWeblog API than Drivel.