Old 08-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Luca

Default initial ramdisk with NFS support

Hi all,
*I'm using Fedora 8 x86_64.

*I'm trying to build an initial ramdisk which is capable of mounting a directory through NFS. I was able to do that with the 32 bit version. In that case my initial ramdisk had portmap (and the needed library). After starting portmap I was able to mount a directory from a NFS server. Now if I try to use rpcbind I get a lot of errors like

rpcbind: Cannot get local address fro udp: servname not supported for ai_socktype
rpcbind: Cannot get local address fro tcp: servname not supported for ai_socktype
rpcbind: cannot get uid of 'rp': No such file or directory

Is it possible with fedora 8 (the 64 bits version) to have an initial ramdisk which mounts a directory through NFS?

Thanks!

Luca