FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Jim
 
Default Firefox-3.0.1 can't find Bookmarks

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 14:43 -0400, Jim wrote:


FC9, Firefox-3.0.1
The Bookmarks I moved into .mozillia/firefox-default folder from another
box and Firefox-3.
The bookmarks I put on my laptop in .mozillia/firefox-default folder
can't be read by Firefox-3 , even if I do a "import"
of Bookmarks it can't find any Bookmarks, I have a copy in my /home/user
directory.
It still is reading the old Bookmark file that I deleted from
.mozillia/Firefox-default folder



That's three times you typed ".mozillia" instead of ".mozilla". Could
that be your problem?

poc



NO!!

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-21-2008, 08:23 PM
max
 
Default Firefox-3.0.1 can't find Bookmarks

Jim wrote:

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 14:43 -0400, Jim wrote:


FC9, Firefox-3.0.1
The Bookmarks I moved into .mozillia/firefox-default folder from
another box and Firefox-3.
I do not have this folder. There are bookmark backup files buried in the
.mozilla folder though perhaps you need to delete them.


The bookmarks I put on my laptop in .mozillia/firefox-default folder
can't be read by Firefox-3 , even if I do a "import"
of Bookmarks it can't find any Bookmarks, I have a copy in my
/home/user directory.
It still is reading the old Bookmark file that I deleted from
.mozillia/Firefox-default folder



That's three times you typed ".mozillia" instead of ".mozilla". Could
that be your problem?

poc



NO!!




--
Fortune favors the BOLD

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-21-2008, 09:42 PM
g
 
Default Firefox-3.0.1 can't find Bookmarks

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


Jim wrote:
> FC9, Firefox-3.0.1
> The Bookmarks I moved into .mozillia/firefox-default folder from another
> box and Firefox-3.

just what file did you move from other box?

i did an 'import' into firefox 3.0.1 with a file i save as 'bookmarks.html'.

when i 'export', i always insure that file is '*.html'.

- --
tc,hago.

g
.

in a free world without fences, who needs gates.

learn linux:
'Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition' http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
'The Linux Documentation Project' http://www.tldp.org/
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Red Hat - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIreFO+C4Bj9Rkw/wRAi+UAJ4ltezQ7yDhKQTzJw6jBFbyBmN0NgCfaExx
OCe979ONO8TLRhI27uT2M0A=
=0/io
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Jim
 
Default Firefox-3.0.1 can't find Bookmarks

max wrote:

Jim wrote:

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 14:43 -0400, Jim wrote:


FC9, Firefox-3.0.1
The Bookmarks I moved into .mozillia/firefox-default folder from
another box and Firefox-3.
I do not have this folder. There are bookmark backup files buried in
the .mozilla folder though perhaps you need to delete them.


The bookmarks I put on my laptop in .mozillia/firefox-default
folder can't be read by Firefox-3 , even if I do a "import"
of Bookmarks it can't find any Bookmarks, I have a copy in my
/home/user directory.
It still is reading the old Bookmark file that I deleted from
.mozillia/Firefox-default folder



That's three times you typed ".mozillia" instead of ".mozilla". Could
that be your problem?

poc



NO!!





They are in the "default" folder and I did delete them, but to no avail.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Jim
 
Default Firefox-3.0.1 can't find Bookmarks

g wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


Jim wrote:


FC9, Firefox-3.0.1
The Bookmarks I moved into .mozillia/firefox-default folder from another
box and Firefox-3.



just what file did you move from other box?

i did an 'import' into firefox 3.0.1 with a file i save as 'bookmarks.html'.

when i 'export', i always insure that file is '*.html'.

- --
tc,hago.

g
.

in a free world without fences, who needs gates.

learn linux:
'Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition' http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
'The Linux Documentation Project' http://www.tldp.org/
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Red Hat - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIreFO+C4Bj9Rkw/wRAi+UAJ4ltezQ7yDhKQTzJw6jBFbyBmN0NgCfaExx
OCe979ONO8TLRhI27uT2M0A=
=0/io
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----



It was bookmarks.html

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-22-2008, 06:38 PM
g
 
Default Firefox-3.0.1 can't find Bookmarks

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


Jim wrote:
<snip>
> It was bookmarks.html

when you moved old 'bookmarks.html' to new '*.default', did you do an
'over write'? file would have been move with some kind of file change
notification unless you did a 'forced move'.

if you made move as your current user, did old 'bookmarks.html' have a
different 'user|group|permissions'?

if you made move/copy or what ever to '*.default' folder, and firefox
was open, file you moved/copied may have been over written by firefox.

safe procedure in moving old bookmarks to '*.default' is to use a different
name or move to a different directory and import from that directory.


- --
tc,hago.

g
.

in a free world without fences, who needs gates.

learn linux:
'Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition' http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
'The Linux Documentation Project' http://www.tldp.org/
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Red Hat - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIrwew+C4Bj9Rkw/wRArDBAKDDI/xDforoxbtCUtyFkoBj9vR2QQCgpCnT
eCRmxo14lBgpaDVWGyvXB8E=
=Mztw
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-23-2008, 07:23 AM
Tim
 
Default Firefox-3.0.1 can't find Bookmarks

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 18:38 +0000, g wrote:
> when you moved old 'bookmarks.html' to new '*.default', did you do an
> 'over write'?

You'd want to be sure to do it while Firefox was NOT running, too.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored. I
read messages from the public lists.



--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-23-2008, 03:00 PM
g
 
Default Firefox-3.0.1 can't find Bookmarks

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 18:38 +0000, g wrote:
>> when you moved old 'bookmarks.html' to new '*.default', did you do an
>> 'over write'?
>
> You'd want to be sure to do it while Firefox was NOT running, too.

only if he moved old 'bookmarks.html' to '*.default' directory, and why
3rd paragraph, and 4th paragraph explains how to if open.

- --
tc,hago.

g
.

in a free world without fences, who needs gates.

learn linux:
'Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition' http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
'The Linux Documentation Project' http://www.tldp.org/
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Red Hat - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIsCYo+C4Bj9Rkw/wRAoXTAJ4wfMXSk6ey3Pi9KlTUsc9d0FtZIQCg0+SC
yHvu3UvHmTYAs+PCwuiAtsc=
=R4rg
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:40 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org