Old 08-21-2008, 04:41 PM
"Rich Emberson"

Default Fedora 9 64 and Nvidia kmod

I've got a:
ASUS P5Q Deluxe
Intel quad core QX9550
Asus EN7300GT Nvidia silent graphics board

While booting there is a line indicating that it has found the
Nvidia graphics card.

When I execute:
# glxinfo | grep direct
direct rendering: Yes

Which I assume means that the graphics card is being used,
but I never installed the kmod-nvidia kernel mod.
Does it need to be installed to fully use the card?

Thanks, Richard

Old 08-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Phil Meyer

Rich Emberson wrote:

I've got a:
ASUS P5Q Deluxe
Intel quad core QX9550
Asus EN7300GT Nvidia silent graphics board

While booting there is a line indicating that it has found the
Nvidia graphics card.

When I execute:
# glxinfo | grep direct
direct rendering: Yes

Which I assume means that the graphics card is being used,
but I never installed the kmod-nvidia kernel mod.
Does it need to be installed to fully use the card?

Thanks, Richard

$ rpm -qa | grep nvidia

Your description reads as if you have one of the nvidia packages
installed, whether from livna or atrpms, or whatever.

The check for nvidia drivers at boot up is not done, otherwise.