FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Phil Savoie
 
Default Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install

Hi All,

Trying to load F9 on a compaq R3000. Gets to the resolving dependencies
section then pops out my dvd asking for the first cd. I pop it back in
and click on ok and then it tells me that it is the incorrect disk and
so now I am in a loop.


I don't have emerald slippers to click three times while I mumble "I
wish you would install", so would anyone have any ideas on this?


Thank you,

Phil

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-20-2008, 10:59 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"
 
Default Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 18:03 -0400, Phil Savoie wrote:
> Trying to load F9 on a compaq R3000. Gets to the resolving
> dependencies
> section then pops out my dvd asking for the first cd. I pop it back
> in
> and click on ok and then it tells me that it is the incorrect disk
> and
> so now I am in a loop.
>
> I don't have emerald slippers to click three times while I mumble "I
> wish you would install", so would anyone have any ideas on this?

Sounds like you have the wrong ISO image burned to your DVD. Perhaps you
burned the first CD image by mistake?

poc

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Phil Savoie
 
Default Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 18:03 -0400, Phil Savoie wrote:

Trying to load F9 on a compaq R3000. Gets to the resolving
dependencies
section then pops out my dvd asking for the first cd. I pop it back
in
and click on ok and then it tells me that it is the incorrect disk
and
so now I am in a loop.


I don't have emerald slippers to click three times while I mumble "I
wish you would install", so would anyone have any ideas on this?


Sounds like you have the wrong ISO image burned to your DVD. Perhaps you
burned the first CD image by mistake?

poc


Not unless the first cd is 3.3gb in size,

Phil

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Frank Cox
 
Default Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 19:06:56 -0400
Phil Savoie <psavoie1783@rogers.com> wrote:

> Not unless the first cd is 3.3gb in size,

Are you sure you got an un-corrupted copy of the image that you burned to the
DVD?

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://www.melvilletheatre.com

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-20-2008, 11:46 PM
g
 
Default Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


Phil Savoie wrote:
<snip>
> Not unless the first cd is 3.3gb in size,

when did you pull it?
did you run 'sha1sum'?
did you run media check?


- --
tc,hago.

g
.

in a free world without fences, who needs gates.

learn linux:
'Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition' http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
'The Linux Documentation Project' http://www.tldp.org/
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Red Hat - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIrKzG+C4Bj9Rkw/wRAhKLAJ9Z21P3YhjhtoeiOfvQjHQqRW9fkwCgkenm
gkAkHWrGuVNTp4ME32FisE4=
=8ty1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Phil Savoie
 
Default Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install

g wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


Phil Savoie wrote:
<snip>

Not unless the first cd is 3.3gb in size,


when did you pull it?
did you run 'sha1sum'?
did you run media check?


- --
tc,hago.

g



Pulled it shortly after it came out
sha1sum tallies
media check is fine

Phil

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-21-2008, 12:45 AM
g
 
Default Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


Phil Savoie wrote:
<snip>
> Pulled it shortly after it came out

have you made installs with it before now?

same box?

if different, are you sure that drives are assigned correctly?

> sha1sum tallies
> media check is fine

just for heck of it, can you run a sha1sum against /dev/sr0 to see what
sum you get?

i know, sounds far out, but is one more way to prove disk and drive.


- --
tc,hago.

g
.

in a free world without fences, who needs gates.

learn linux:
'Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition' http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
'The Linux Documentation Project' http://www.tldp.org/
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Red Hat - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIrLqV+C4Bj9Rkw/wRAr9pAKDOW9da89Th+/6pLFKNUQjyJhbnpQCfbzTp
2OsLQMJCJ0PE1qNtecjpetY=
=9xBR
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-21-2008, 01:09 AM
Andrew Kenton Mitchell
 
Default Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install

g wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


Phil Savoie wrote:
<snip>


Pulled it shortly after it came out



have you made installs with it before now?

same box?

if different, are you sure that drives are assigned correctly?



sha1sum tallies
media check is fine



just for heck of it, can you run a sha1sum against /dev/sr0 to see what
sum you get?

i know, sounds far out, but is one more way to prove disk and drive.


- --
tc,hago.

g
.

in a free world without fences, who needs gates.

learn linux:
'Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition' http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
'The Linux Documentation Project' http://www.tldp.org/
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Red Hat - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIrLqV+C4Bj9Rkw/wRAr9pAKDOW9da89Th+/6pLFKNUQjyJhbnpQCfbzTp
2OsLQMJCJ0PE1qNtecjpetY=
=9xBR
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----




--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-21-2008, 01:56 AM
g
 
Default Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


Phil Savoie wrote:
<snip>
> Pulled it shortly after it came out

have you made installs with it before now?

same box?

if different, are you sure that drives are assigned correctly?

> sha1sum tallies
> media check is fine

just for heck of it, can you run a sha1sum against /dev/sr0 to see what
sum you get?

i know, sounds far out, but is one more way to prove disk and drive.

[in addition. should have added before, but got interrupted]

in an install attempt prior to f8, i got a similar error. system had a dvd
read only drive and problem curred when i put current r/w dvd in system.
possibly drivers with dvd did not recognize read only drive correctly. i
did get a good install, but because i was still trying to use lilo for boot
i had failures at boot time, so i stayed with mandriva until now.

this is reason for questions above.

if you do have problem continue, and system is different, possible making
an install from a spare partition will cure problem.


- --
tc,hago.

g
.

in a free world without fences, who needs gates.

learn linux:
'Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition' http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
'The Linux Documentation Project' http://www.tldp.org/
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/

- --
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Red Hat - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIrMtn+C4Bj9Rkw/wRArADAKCE0jLNDcag58Gc2cGfKBGyJW1JTgCdHPIM
uyJ5awGRd3MqKS4MnisvVyY=
=I6rC
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 08-21-2008, 08:52 AM
"Marcelo M. Garcia"
 
Default Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install

Phil Savoie wrote:

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 18:03 -0400, Phil Savoie wrote:

Trying to load F9 on a compaq R3000. Gets to the resolving
dependencies section then pops out my dvd asking for the first cd. I
pop it back

in and click on ok and then it tells me that it is the incorrect disk
and so now I am in a loop.

I don't have emerald slippers to click three times while I mumble "I
wish you would install", so would anyone have any ideas on this?


Sounds like you have the wrong ISO image burned to your DVD. Perhaps you
burned the first CD image by mistake?

poc


Not unless the first cd is 3.3gb in size,

Phil



Hi

I had the same problem when I enabled extra repositories during the
installation. Although Anaconda(?) configures the network connection, it
asks to insert CD 1.


Regards

Marcelo



--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:04 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org