Old 08-20-2008, 03:41 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

Default F9 EeePC packagekit problem

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 15:18 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> Should I just abort the cleanup with Ctrl-C, and proceed
> directly to yum update? Would it be useful to try rpm --rebuilddb
> first??

Try it. If it works, fine. If not, uou may have hit the notorious
"hanging rpm" problem. If so, go to a separate tab (or just do a Ctrl-Z)
and do:

# pgrep -fl rpm

to identify the possible culprit(s), followed by

# pkill <name> (or "kill -9 <pid>")

and if that doesn't work, then

# pkill -9 <name>

Once that's done, do:

# rm /var/lib/rpm/__db.*

and try again.

(Personally I prefer to use "yum update" from the command line so I can
see what's going on. PackageKit is too "user-friendly" for my taste).

poc