Old 08-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Gilboa Davara

Default sudo GUI frontend

Hello all,

Can anyone please point me to a good sudo GUI front-end? (Password
dialog box).
While I'm using KDE 4.1, I don't mind using a gtk box.

I tried using kdesu with or w/o the kdesurc - but it doesn't seem to
work.

- Gilboa

Old 08-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Anne Wilson

On Wednesday 20 August 2008 12:05:34 Gilboa Davara wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Can anyone please point me to a good sudo GUI front-end? (Password
> dialog box).
> While I'm using KDE 4.1, I don't mind using a gtk box.
>
> I tried using kdesu with or w/o the kdesurc - but it doesn't seem to
> work.

'/bin/su -' does work, though in some cases you will need to add $u (or is
it %U?). I like a root konsole profile, so I used it there, with a different
display colour for clarity :-)

Anne