Old 08-20-2008, 04:41 AM
rfjones

Default fc9 cant connect to internet

I just installed fc9. my network comes up, I can ping the dns server,
but I cant connect to anything.
I dont seem to have any dns service
the network manager applet crashes and behaves erratically.
had working network on fc8; network started to disappear everytime i
rebooted, requiring restart by hand.
any help would really be appreciated
TIA
rfjones

Old 08-20-2008, 07:06 AM
"Tod Merley"

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 9:41 PM, rfjones <jonesrf1@qwest.net> wrote:
> I just installed fc9. my network comes up, I can ping the dns server,
> but I cant connect to anything.
> I dont seem to have any dns service
> the network manager applet crashes and behaves erratically.
> had working network on fc8; network started to disappear everytime i
> rebooted, requiring restart by hand.
> any help would really be appreciated
> TIA
> rfjones

Hi rfjones!

What is the output of:

#/sbin/ifconfig

#/sbin/route

/cat/etc/hosts

/cat/etc/resolv.conf

What kind of internet connection do you use?

Good hunting!

Tod

Old 08-20-2008, 08:43 AM
"Steve Repo"

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 10:11 AM, rfjones <jonesrf1@qwest.net> wrote:
> I just installed fc9. my network comes up, I can ping the dns server,
> but I cant connect to anything.
> I dont seem to have any dns service
> the network manager applet crashes and behaves erratically.
> had working network on fc8; network started to disappear everytime i
> rebooted, requiring restart by hand.
> any help would really be appreciated
> TIA
> rfjones

Have you installed all updates?

Please provide details as mentioned by Tod.

Also provide /sbin/lspci

Steve

Old 08-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 21:41 -0700, rfjones wrote:
> I just installed fc9. my network comes up, I can ping the dns server,
> but I cant connect to anything.
> I dont seem to have any dns service
> the network manager applet crashes and behaves erratically.
> had working network on fc8; network started to disappear everytime i
> rebooted, requiring restart by hand.
> any help would really be appreciated

> rfjones

Do you have net.ipv4.ip_forward turned on in /etc/sysctl.conf?