Old 08-20-2008, 02:58 AM
William Case

Default Where is the old system monitor thingy ??

Hi;

I have freshly installed and updated Fedora 9. There used to be a
system monitor applet that continually ran on your panel showing cpu,
memory and network usage etc.. You could adjust the widths of the
little windows that showed progressive bars for each chosen resource and
adjust the colours.

Does anybody know whether it has been removed from the fedora repo
and/or does someone remember it's name so I can refind it?

Not the gnome-system-monitor that comes now as a standard applet and
shows up on the System Menu under "about this computer"!

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3

Old 08-20-2008, 03:01 AM
Antonio Olivares

> I have freshly installed and updated Fedora 9. There used
> to be a
> system monitor applet that continually ran on your panel
> showing cpu,
> memory and network usage etc.. You could adjust the widths
> of the
> little windows that showed progressive bars for each chosen
> resource and
> adjust the colours.
>
> Does anybody know whether it has been removed from the
> fedora repo
> and/or does someone remember it's name so I can refind
> it?
>
> Not the gnome-system-monitor that comes now as a standard
> applet and
> shows up on the System Menu under "about this
> computer"!
>
> --
> Regards Bill;
> Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3
> Evo.2.22.3.1, Emacs 22.2.1
>
> --

You might mean gkrellm,

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/billw/gkrellm/gkrellm.html

It is available, just a yum install away

# yum install gkrellm

Regards,

Antonio

Old 08-20-2008, 03:16 AM
Tim

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 22:58 -0400, William Case wrote:
> I have freshly installed and updated Fedora 9. There used to be a
> system monitor applet that continually ran on your panel showing cpu,
> memory and network usage etc.. You could adjust the widths of the
> little windows that showed progressive bars for each chosen resource
> and adjust the colours.
>
> Does anybody know whether it has been removed from the fedora repo
> and/or does someone remember it's name so I can refind it?

It's still there in the list of applets that can be added to the panel,
on my Fedora 9 installation (default plus a few extras,
post-installation, but I didn't remove anything before installation).

It's "about" window says it's "System Monitor 2.22.3".

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:36 AM
William Case

Hi Tim;

[snip]

> It's still there in the list of applets that can be added to the panel,
> on my Fedora 9 installation (default plus a few extras,
> post-installation, but I didn't remove anything before installation).
>
> It's "about" window says it's "System Monitor 2.22.3".

You are right. When I put it on my panel it displayed as an icon rather
than as a window. Maybe I had it squeezed too tightly between two other
locked on icons. After your post, I tried it on a more spacious piece
of panel real estate and there it was. No wonder I couldn't find it --
I already had it.

But gkrellm is a good tool to have.

--
Regards Bill;