Old 08-20-2008, 02:41 AM
Gene Heskett

Default So long and thanks for all the fish.

On Tuesday 19 August 2008, Ric Moore wrote:
>I've fixed my Wonderland problems using CentOS. That's weird, that what
>is basically FC6 works just fine with Wonderland, while Fedora refuses
>to pass a Xvfb to Wonderland. I'll live longer, too. Far less stress!
>It's been sweet, thanks to Rahul and the other developers for doing what
>they do. I appreciate the list members, too. You all have saved my bacon
>more than once. Adios! Ric

What, you gonna pack up your toys and go home? Shame. Stick around and
give 'em the hell they need from time to time.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Old 08-20-2008, 02:56 AM
"Amadeus W.M."

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:57:44 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:

> I've fixed my Wonderland problems using CentOS. That's weird, that what
> is basically FC6 works just fine with Wonderland, while Fedora refuses
> to pass a Xvfb to Wonderland. I'll live longer, too. Far less stress!
> It's been sweet, thanks to Rahul and the other developers for doing what
> they do. I appreciate the list members, too. You all have saved my bacon
> more than once. Adios! Ric

I also gave up on Fedora, only partially, in favor of CentOS. I installed
CentOS on my wife's computer and on one of my laptops. I still have F9 on
my machine though, and I'm still having problems with some flash videos
playing in Firefox, problems with my usb digital camera and now and then
problems with pulseaudio and with network manager. I gave up trying to fix
them. No such problems in CentOS. I kind of like F9 though. It probably
will be a great distribution when it becomes CentOS 6.