Old 08-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Michael Beckwith

Default Neon

Here's the happiest attempt that I've made to make a theme for Neon. The
idea is just a view of a street, utilizing primarily just the lower
right corner and along the right side. I would love to have ideas for
more details that could be added, as this still feels primitive, but I
think there's a lot of potential. I also think it's a radical idea to
not be using about half the area available. So far, I just have a
working version for the wallpaper. Files available below:

http://tw2113.fedorapeople.org/neon/Neonstreet.png
http://tw2113.fedorapeople.org/neon/Neonstreet.svg

--
~Michael
http://michaelbox.net

Old 08-20-2008, 01:56 AM
Máirín Duffy

Hey Michael,

Michael Beckwith wrote:
Here's the happiest attempt that I've made to make a theme for Neon. The
idea is just a view of a street, utilizing primarily just the lower
right corner and along the right side. I would love to have ideas for
more details that could be added, as this still feels primitive, but I
think there's a lot of potential.

I still like the basic layout as we discussed in IRC earlier I was
wondering, if the details were all filled in, what style of rendering
would you ideally like to see this done in? For example, are you looking
for a cyberpunk kinda look, with a lot of angles and metal, or are you
looking for more of a grungy feel - maybe it would help to pick out an
inspiration graphic that has the same feel you're looking for?

BTW I saw the neon tentacles you posted on planet fpo and I think they
look really neat. I might start playing with them tonight

~m