Old 08-19-2008, 11:45 AM
"Mark Haney"

Default KDE 4.1 task bar.

Well I've asked on a couple of other lists, but no luck so I'm hoping
someone here knows the answer. I just moved to KDE4 and I want to get
the default KDE3.5 task bar behaviour back.

In other words I don't want listed on my taskbar every item that's open
unless it's open on the desktop I'm currently on. If I move an item to
another desktop I want that task bar item to only display on that
desktop when I click to it.

Anyone know how?

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

Old 08-19-2008, 11:54 AM
"Steven M. Parrish"

On Tuesday 19 August 2008 07:45:57 am Mark Haney wrote:
> Well I've asked on a couple of other lists, but no luck so I'm hoping
> someone here knows the answer. I just moved to KDE4 and I want to get
> the default KDE3.5 task bar behaviour back.
>
> In other words I don't want listed on my taskbar every item that's open
> unless it's open on the desktop I'm currently on. If I move an item to
> another desktop I want that task bar item to only display on that
> desktop when I click to it.
>
> Anyone know how?
>

> --
> Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
>

> Mark Haney
> Sr. Systems Administrator
> ERC Broadband
> (828) 350-2415
>
> Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

Right click on taskbar --> task manager settings --> then check show only
tasks from current desktop.

Steven

Old 08-19-2008, 12:46 PM
"Mark Haney"

Steven M. Parrish wrote:

Right click on taskbar --> task manager settings --> then check show only
tasks from current desktop.

Steven

Crap. Somehow I knew it was that easy. But I just couldn't find it. I
love the interface, now I just have to customize it to my liking.