Old 08-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Christoph Höger

Default Where is system-config-selinux gone?

Hi,

I tried to use the selinux manager under f9 for the first time and did
not find it in the menus. Propably it had been removed in fedora 9,
though /usr/bin/system-config-selinux was there. When I run it it states
"Fehler beim finden des ausgewählten Programms" (Error finding selected
program) Strange.
I reinstalled policycoreutils-gui-2.0.52-5.fc9.i386 and still the
manager does not work giving the same answer as above.

Ok guys, who has my system-config-selinux? I want it back!

regards

Christoph

Old 08-19-2008, 11:49 AM
"Igor Pavlikevich"

Hi,

system-config-selinux is just a link to consolehelper. Try to (re)install usermode-1.96.1-1.i386.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Henk Breimer

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:22:59 +0200
Christoph Höger <choeger@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to use the selinux manager under f9 for the first time and did
> not find it in the menus. Propably it had been removed in fedora 9,
> though /usr/bin/system-config-selinux was there. When I run it it
> states "Fehler beim finden des ausgewählten Programms" (Error finding
> selected program) Strange.
> I reinstalled policycoreutils-gui-2.0.52-5.fc9.i386 and still the
> manager does not work giving the same answer as above.
>
> Ok guys, who has my system-config-selinux? I want it back!
>
> regards
>
> Christoph

Here it is under (menu) sytem>administration>SElinuxManagement

The best Henk

Old 08-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Christoph Höger

Am Dienstag, den 19.08.2008, 14:49 +0300 schrieb Igor Pavlikevich:
> Hi,
>
> system-config-selinux is just a link to consolehelper. Try to
> (re)install usermode-1.96.1-1.i386.

I did that. No affect.

After reading what consolehelper is intended to do, I tried

yum whatprovides *//usr/sbin/system-config-selinux

and got no results.

So whats wrong?

Could one of you happy ones please post the output of

rpm -qf /usr/sbin/system-config-selinux

regards

Christoph

Old 08-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Daniel J Walsh

Old 08-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Christoph Höger

Ive found out, that
/etc/security/console.apps/system-config-selinux

and

/etc/pam.d/system-config-selinux

had been empty and where not updated by rpm (instead there were
some .rpmnew files), so I moved them manually and everything works.

That is strange, as I did not change any of those files! Something
_really_ went wrong here.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:42 AM
"S B"

2008/8/20 Christoph Höger <choeger@cs.tu-berlin.de>:
> Am Dienstag, den 19.08.2008, 14:49 +0300 schrieb Igor Pavlikevich:
>> Hi,
>>
>> system-config-selinux is just a link to consolehelper. Try to
>> (re)install usermode-1.96.1-1.i386.
>
> I did that. No affect.
>
> After reading what consolehelper is intended to do, I tried
>
> yum whatprovides *//usr/sbin/system-config-selinux
>
> and got no results.
>
> So whats wrong?
>
> Could one of you happy ones please post the output of
>
> rpm -qf /usr/sbin/system-config-selinux
>
> regards
>
> Christoph

it's /usr/bin/system-config-selinux not /usr/sbin and as someone
already pointed out you have to install policycoreutils-gui on fc9