Old 08-19-2008, 10:02 AM
"David Hláčik"

Default How to use themes in Gnome

Hi guys,

I have install murrine gtk2 engine (http://murrine.cimitan.com/) from official fedora repo (gtk-murrine-engine-0.53.1-2.fc9.i386) . It installed some themes to /usr/share/themes .

But unfortunatelly i really do not know how to use those themes. Where can i turn them on ? I found this tutorial for Ubuntu (http://www.linuxmonitor.net/blog/2007/03/ubuntu-customization-guide-part-i.html) .

I do not want to use compiz, but they are calling "gnome-art" to configure themes & artwork. There is no such think in Fedora 9 .

Thanks in advance!

D.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Vassilios Kotoulas

gnome-menu - system - preferences - look and feel - appearance

Old 08-19-2008, 10:48 AM
"David Hláčik"

Well i do not see there any of "murrine" theme , thats why i am asking ... . What are requirements for having them here?

Thanks!

D.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Vassilios Kotoulas

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 12:45 +0200, Vassilios Kotoulas wrote:
> gnome-menu - system - preferences - look and feel - appearance
>

> On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 12:02 +0200, David Hláčik wrote:
> > I have install murrine gtk2 engine (http://murrine.cimitan.com/) from
> > official fedora repo (gtk-murrine-engine-0.53.1-2.fc9.i386) . It
> > installed some themes to /usr/share/themes .
> > But unfortunatelly i really do not know how to use those themes. Where
> > can i turn them on ? I found this tutorial for Ubuntu
> > (http://www.linuxmonitor.net/blog/2007/03/ubuntu-customization-guide-part-i.html) .
> > I do not want to use compiz, but they are calling "gnome-art" to
> > configure themes & artwork. There is no such think in Fedora 9 .

upps ... please excuse my top posting

Old 08-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Vassilios Kotoulas

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 12:48 +0200, David Hláčik wrote:
> Well i do not see there any of "murrine" theme , thats why i am
> asking ... . What are requirements for having them here?

hmm ... the themes I can use are in /usr/share/themes or in ~/.themes
I had a look into the murrine package. there are some themes and one
library. maybe the murrine themes can only run with this library. maybe
you need to restart gnome to activate the library

Old 08-19-2008, 12:05 PM
"David Hláčik"

hmm ... the themes I can use are in /usr/share/themes or in ~/.themes

I had a look into the murrine package. there are some themes and one

library. maybe the murrine themes can only run with this library. maybe

you need to restart gnome to activate the library
Well strange for me, but restart did not helped. Unfortunatelly this packages is not well documented , i am not able to find where to look for problem.

Looking inside , it only provides one library and themes thats right.

Regards,

D.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:56 PM
"David Hláčik"

Hi guys, i found it!

It needs to be changed in "Apperace Preferences" , than you need to click on theme and press "Customize". Here under "Controls" will you find it.

Regards,

David