Old 08-19-2008, 10:00 AM
"Dan Track"

Default X keeps reloading and doesn't show a display - please HELP

Hi

I've just installed Fedora 9 on my box, initally I got a standard
display on my LG monitor after that I swapped it for an NEC and then
ammened the monitor setup with system-config-display. However, now I
don't get a display X keeps restarting, at least that's what I think,
as the monitor power light keeps going from green to orange but I
don't see a display. Is there any way to reset the xorg.conf file to
it's original state?

Thanks
Dan

Old 08-19-2008, 10:13 AM
"Steve Repo"

I've just installed Fedora 9 on my box, initally I got a standard

display on my LG monitor after that I swapped it for an NEC and then

ammened the monitor setup with system-config-display. However, now I

don't get a display X keeps restarting, at least that's what I think,

as the monitor power light keeps going from green to orange but I

don't see a display. Is there any way to reset the xorg.conf file to

it's original state?

Delete the xorg.conf and re-run system-config-display

Steve

Old 08-19-2008, 10:58 AM
"Dan Track"

Hi

I've just tried that but I still can't get a display when I run the
system-config-display, the monitor just flickers between teh on and
off state, is there any other way of resetting it becuase I'm not sure
where it's getting it's config from now that I've deleted it.

Thanks
Dan

Old 08-19-2008, 12:29 PM
"Steve Repo"

I've just tried that but I still can't get a display when I run the

system-config-display, the monitor just flickers between teh on and

off state, is there any other way of resetting it becuase I'm not sure

where it's getting it's config from now that I've deleted it.

system-config-display maybe trying a new configuration.

Can you post your xorg.conf?

What video card do you have?

Steve

Old 08-19-2008, 12:48 PM
"Dan Track"

2008/8/19 Steve Repo <scmuser@gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Dan Track <dan.track@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I've just tried that but I still can't get a display when I run the
>> system-config-display, the monitor just flickers between teh on and
>> off state, is there any other way of resetting it becuase I'm not sure
>> where it's getting it's config from now that I've deleted it.
>>

> system-config-display maybe trying a new configuration.
>
> Can you post your xorg.conf?
>
> What video card do you have?
>
> Steve

Hi

I think I just figured out the problem, its the mga driver for my dual
head matrox 550 card. I see there's some sort of issue with fedora 9
and the matrox driver. Is there a solution for this that you are aware
of?

If I chage the driver to vesa it works fine although I can't get a
resolution of 1280x1024, is there another driver I can use?

Thanks
Dan

Old 08-19-2008, 01:14 PM
"Steve Repo"

>> I've just tried that but I still can't get a display when I run the

>> system-config-display, the monitor just flickers between teh on and

>> off state, is there any other way of resetting it becuase I'm not sure

>> where it's getting it's config from now that I've deleted it.

> system-config-display maybe trying a new configuration.

> Can you post your xorg.conf?

> What video card do you have?

> Steve

Hi

I think I just figured out the problem, its the mga driver for my dual

head matrox 550 card. I see there's some sort of issue with fedora 9

and the matrox driver. Is there a solution for this that you are aware

of?

If I chage the driver to vesa it works fine although I can't get a

resolution of 1280x1024, is there another driver I can use?

A quick google search revealed this,
http://forum.tuxx-home.at/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=520

Steve