-   -   firefox freezes (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/14487-firefox-freezes.html)

yordy 12-07-2007 12:18 PM

firefox freezes

firefox always keep freezes for various seconds when start for a first time in every session, some times d4x freezes too, i can see that frecuently npviewer.bin is consuming a high % of processor clock, y have all updates from official repos and firefox keep freezen. any idea?

Tim 12-08-2007 03:42 AM

firefox freezes

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 14:18 +0100, yordy wrote:
> firefox always keep freezes for various seconds when start for a first
> time in every session,

Amongst other reasons, here's *some* reasons why Firefox *may* take ages
to start:

* You have a homepage set, and Firefox is set to load it at start
up, that takes ages to load or render.
* You have a configuration preference set to check for updates to
Firefox, and/or add-ons to Firefox, and/or search engine
plug-ins.
* You have RSS bookmarks, and it's checking them for updates.
* You have a large cache, and it's checking through it.
* You've updated Firefox, and it checks through the add-ons before
starting, the first time after an update.

As a first step, I'd go through your Firefox preferences, and make
changes where it seems appropriate, thinking carefully about what you're
doing.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.1-10.fc7 i686 i386

Using FC 4, 5, 6 & 7, plus CentOS 5. Today, it's FC7.

I read messages from the public lists.