Old 12-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Alexander Todorov

Default What are supported RAID levels?

Hi all,
what are the supported RAID levels in anaconda? I'm sure it supports
raid 0, 1, 5, and 6 but what about others (3, 4)?

Greetings,
Alexander.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Chris Lumens

> what are the supported RAID levels in anaconda? I'm sure it supports raid
> 0, 1, 5, and 6 but what about others (3, 4)?

We have this information in a lot of places in anaconda, but the easiest
place to find it would be raid.py. Looks like the supported levels are
0, 1, 5, 6, and 10.

- Chris

Old 12-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 11:06:54 -0500,
Chris Lumens <clumens@redhat.com> wrote:
> > what are the supported RAID levels in anaconda? I'm sure it supports raid
> > 0, 1, 5, and 6 but what about others (3, 4)?
>
> We have this information in a lot of places in anaconda, but the easiest
> place to find it would be raid.py. Looks like the supported levels are
> 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10.

There is also a restriction of raid 1 to have at least 2 elements when creating
and I think installing to an array. (You can use such arrays after install.)
This isn't something most people need, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Bruno Wolff III