Old 08-15-2008, 04:24 AM
James McManus

Default Invalid ELF header

I made the mistake of linking ln -s /usr/lib64/libc.so /usr/lib64/libc.so.6

How can I unlink this? If I try unlink /usr/lib64/libc.so.6 I get the
following error message:

unlink: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib64/libc.so.6:
invalid ELF header

I also get the same message for most other linux commands.

Thanks
Jim

Old 08-15-2008, 07:04 AM
"Russell Miller"

I made the mistake of linking ln -s /usr/lib64/libc.so /usr/lib64/libc.so.6

How can I unlink this? If I try unlink /usr/lib64/libc.so.6 I get the following error message:

unlink: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib64/libc.so.6: invalid ELF header

I also get the same message for most other linux commands.

You'll probably have to boot from a rescue disk and resinstall the appropriate package.

There are a few things in linux system that you will have to be very, very careful when you touch, because almost everything is linked against them.* You found one.

--Russell