Old 12-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Bruce Byfield

Default FC6 and Multifunctional Laser Printers

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 17:58 -0200, Carlos Alberto Alves wrote:
> Hi out there!
> Does anybody have any comment on multifunctionals Xerox Workcenter 3119
> and Samsung SXC-4200? They appeared to be the same machine, they both
> have linux drivers, but I could not find useful info from LinuxPrinting.org

These specific models aren't listed in the Open Printing Database.
However, given that most of the other models in the Workcentre and SXC
lines are listed as working "mostly" or "partially," and some are listed
as "paperweights" (meaning they don't work at all), I'd personally keep
away from them. When you can get all sorts of printers that are
described as working "perfectly" under GNU/Linux, why settle for less --
no matter how good the deal?
--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
Burnaby, BC, Canada

Old 12-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Carlos Alberto Alves

Bruce Byfield wrote:

Does anybody have any comment on multifunctionals Xerox Workcenter 3119
and Samsung SXC-4200? They appeared to be the same machine, they both
have linux drivers, but I could not find useful info from LinuxPrinting.org

These specific models aren't listed in the Open Printing Database.
However, given that most of the other models in the Workcentre and SXC
lines are listed as working "mostly" or "partially," and some are listed
as "paperweights" (meaning they don't work at all), I'd personally keep
away from them. When you can get all sorts of printers that are
described as working "perfectly" under GNU/Linux, why settle for less --
no matter how good the deal?

Thanks very much for your input. I will take them into consideration.
:-)
* Carlos Alberto Alves *
* Child Neurologist *
* Systems Analyst/ASUS Certified Professional*
* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil *
* Skype: carlos-aa *
* mailto:drcaa@click21.com.br *
* mailto:drcaa@predialnet.com.br *