-   -   Announcing Fedora 10 Alpha! (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/138050-announcing-fedora-10-alpha.html)

Jesse Keating 08-05-2008 02:38 PM

Announcing Fedora 10 Alpha!

In an ongoing effort to prevent premature kitten death, the Fedora
Project is ecstatic to present the availability of Fedora 10 (Cambridge)
Alpha. Test now, make it better now, keep Cambridge on schedule, and
protect the kittens in the future.

The Alpha release provides the first opportunity for the wider community
to become involved with the testing of rawhide:

* Alpha represents a sanitized snapshot of rawhide, Fedora's
development branch, which undergoes rapid changes before
becoming the next major release.
* The Alpha should boot on the majority of systems, and provides:
* A look at what new features are to be included in the
next release
* A way to provide feedback and bug reports to help ensure
that the next release is as good as possible

Fedora 10 features
Some highlights of Fedora 10 Alpha:

* Many improvements, bugfixes, and enhancements from upstream
* New graphical boot environment
* Wireless connection sharing
* Audio improvements to remove glitches
* Security audit tool
* Improved webcam support
* Better IR remote control support
* RPM 4.6
* OCaml
* Haskell

For more information:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/10/Alpha/ReleaseNotes

What to test
Test status is being tracked here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestResults/Fedora10Install/Alpha

Check out this page before reporting problems, including looking through
the bug trackers as linked on that page.

For a more detailed list of installation tests:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestPlans/Fedora10Install

Get the Alpha
The Alpha release is available both through the mirroring system and via
bittorrent.

For direct http access to a local mirror:

http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/10-Alpha/

For a list of mirrors carrying the content and the various protocols
they support:

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/10-Alpha/

For bittorrent:

http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/

Join Fedora
To find ways you can help and participate, visit:

http://join.fedoraproject.org/

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedomē is a feature!

"Scott (angrykeyboarder)" 08-05-2008 07:26 PM

Announcing Fedora 10 Alpha!

Jesse Keating wrote:

Get the Alpha
The Alpha release is available both through the mirroring system and via

bittorrent.

For direct http access to a local mirror:

http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/10-Alpha/

For a list of mirrors carrying the content and the various protocols
they support:

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/10-Alpha/

I'm afraid that was a tad premature. Many mirrors don't have it yet.

--
Scott

I've never used an OS that I didn't (dis)like.
I'm angrykeyboarder and I approved this message.

Rahul Sundaram 08-05-2008 08:07 PM

Announcing Fedora 10 Alpha!

Scott (angrykeyboarder) wrote:

Jesse Keating wrote:

Get the Alpha The Alpha release is available both through the
mirroring system and via

bittorrent.

For direct http access to a local mirror:

http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/10-Alpha/

For a list of mirrors carrying the content and the various protocols
they support:

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/10-Alpha/

I'm afraid that was a tad premature. Many mirrors don't have it yet.

Some mirrors are just slow to sync the content. Waiting for all the
hundreds of them to sync isn't a option. Pick the content off from the
ones that are more current.

Rahul