Old 08-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Renich Bon Ciric

Default Fedora Crawler (Custom Google Search Engine)

Hey, Fedorans!

I made a custom google search engine called "Fedora Crawler".

Fedora Crawler looks in the mailing list archives, manuals, wiki,
fedoraUnity sites and redhat's manuals... so, it's easy to look for
fedora related info here.

If anybody interested in using it or collaborating, just apply @
http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=011057779923588025604%3Aakrqpglozlu

Well, just telling you so you know. I hope you don't consider this SPAM
or anything... just a community service.
--
Renich Bon Ciric
http://www.woralelandia.com/

# Facebook

# introbella (band)
http://www.introbella.com/

# Smolt uuid (pub_3e18efc2-dee4-459f-8d40-ddf489be817d)
http://www.smolts.org/client/show/?uuid=pub_3e18efc2-dee4-459f-8d40-ddf489be817d

Old 08-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Beartooth

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 18:27:46 -0500, Renich Bon Ciric wrote:

> I made a custom google search engine called "Fedora Crawler".
>
> Fedora Crawler looks in the mailing list archives, manuals, wiki,
> fedoraUnity sites and redhat's manuals... so, it's easy to look for
> fedora related info here.
>
> If anybody interested in using it or collaborating, just apply @
> http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=011057779923588025604%3Aakrqpglozlu
>
> Well, just telling you so you know. I hope you don't consider this SPAM
> or anything... just a community service. --
> Renich Bon Ciric
> http://www.woralelandia.com/

On the contrary, I for one need something like this, and will
certainly try it out; I find some of those sources impenetrably difficult
to use out of the box.

Question: you offer a script for putting the FC on my web page; I
don't have a web page, nor feel the need of one -- but I do run browsers,
and would like to add it to them. I hope you plan to create an extension
for Firefox, and maybe others ...

Fedora 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
nine (count 'em -- nine) different browsers

Old 08-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Renich Bon Ciric

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 17:56 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> On the contrary, I for one need something like this, and will
> certainly try it out; I find some of those sources impenetrably
> difficult
> to use out of the box.

Well, I'm so glad to hear this. Let me know if there are any sources you
would feel must be added.

> Question: you offer a script for putting the FC on my web
> page; I
> don't have a web page, nor feel the need of one -- but I do run
> browsers,
> and would like to add it to them. I hope you plan to create an
> extension
> for Firefox, and maybe others ...

Ok, I don't know about others, but, if you use firefox and google's
toolbar, you can just create a search from there. Just left click on the
Fedora Crawler's search input and select "Generate Custom Search". I
suggest tweaking the options in the google tool bar so it replaces
Firefox's search input.

Then again, you can always add it to your iGoogle account:
http://fusion.google.com/add?hl=en&moduleurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com
%2Fcoop%2Fapi%2F011057779923588025604%2Fcse%2Fakrq pglozlu%2Fgadget