Old 08-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Ed Greshko

Default CentOS Vostro 200 network driver

Anyone have a newtwork driver for CentOS (4.5) Vostro 200?
None of the drivers I have work. Even when I tried to download
the latest e1000 from Dell and build it it did not work.

2 Questions...

1. What does "did not work" mean?

2. What is the output of lspci?

Old 08-05-2008, 12:22 AM

>> Anyone have a newtwork driver for CentOS (4.5) Vostro 200?
>> None of the drivers I have work. Even when I tried to download
>> the latest e1000 from Dell and build it it did not work.

>2 Questions...

>1. What does "did not work" mean?

>2. What is the output of lspci?

"did not work" means that when I ran "neat" clicked on new and then
ethernet it did not show any cards (yes I did do a modprobe on the .ko).

I will do lspci tomorrow and send results.