Old 12-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Kevin Kempter

Default yum update questions...

Hi List;

My latest yum update on my laptop running Fedora 7 produced the following
warnings:

1) a number of 'created as .. rpmnew' messages:
warning: /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm_dl14.map
created
as /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm_dl14.map.rpmnew

warning: /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm_ndl14.map
created
as /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm_ndl14.map.rpmnew

warning: /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex_dl14.map created
as /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex_dl14.map.rpmnew

warning: /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex_ndl14.map created
as /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex_ndl14.map.rpmnew

2) semodule failure:
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow
exim_exec_t system_mail_trocess { sigchld };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow
system_mail_t exim_exec_trocess { transition };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow
system_mail_t exim_exec_trocess { transition };
libsepol.check_assertions: 3 assertion violations occured
libsemanage.semanage_expand_sandbox: Expand module failed
semodule: Failed!

Here's my questions;
for the saved as ... rpmnew warnings, do I need to go and do something with
these files to complete the upgrade?

for the semodule failure, is this bad? I'm not sure I understand what went
wrong? do I need to take some sort of corrective action?

Thanks in advance...