Old 08-04-2008, 10:07 AM
"Prateek Varshney"

Default Problem with display

Hello
I have just installed fedora 9 on my system but when i boot i get a message on my display "Out of range".
I am using a AMD quad core processor with ATI HD 3800 On board graphics and a benq 19" widescreen.
I want to change my resolution.
Can someone* help me in this?
Any help is welcome.
Thanks
Prateek.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:23 AM
Abhishek S Kalyani

hello,** * * * * I have a Pentium 4 proceesor and a ASUS P4GE motheboard and a LG LCD monitor.I have a problem with the display.** * * * * The OS boots fine and i begin to work.After some time the display just goes blank.
** * * * * before going to this state it reports a error saying "pipe broken...could not write.."** * * * * Any body facing this problem.*** * * * *Please get me a solution.

** * * * *
--

Thanks and Regards

Abhishek S Kalyani

Old 09-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Hakan Koseoglu

Abhishek,

On 6 September 2010 05:23, Abhishek S Kalyani
<kalyani.abhishek@gmail.com> wrote:
> ** * * * * I have a Pentium 4 proceesor and a ASUS P4GE motheboard and a LG
> LCD monitor.I have a problem with the display.
> ** * * * * before going to this state it reports a error saying "pipe
> broken...could not write.."

That's not a very good description of the problem. You need a more
specific error message. Have a look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log &
/var/log/Xorg.0.log.old and start from there.