Old 12-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Richard Emberson

Default F8 firewall and pam_abl

I'm about to upgrade my firewall to Fedora 8.
For years I've used pam_abl,
http://www.hexten.net/wiki/index.php/Pam_abl
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pam-abl
to blacklist folks trying to breakin.

What I want to know is what are possible alternatives
that folks use? Now, I'm not saying that there
is anything wrong with pam_abl but I just want
to take this opportunity to look at other mechanism.

Thanks.

R.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:45 PM
"Jonathan Underwood"

On 06/12/2007, Richard Emberson <remberson@edgedynamics.com> wrote:

> I'm about to upgrade my firewall to Fedora 8.
> For years I've used pam_abl,
> http://www.hexten.net/wiki/index.php/Pam_abl
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pam-abl
> to blacklist folks trying to breakin.
>
> What I want to know is what are possible alternatives
> that folks use? Now, I'm not saying that there
> is anything wrong with pam_abl but I just want
> to take this opportunity to look at other mechanism.

I use fail2ban.

www.fail2ban.org