Old 08-04-2008, 03:35 AM
Russell Miller

Default How to install GNU c,c++ library in F8/F9

Prashanth Kumar wrote:

Hi Everybody,

I'm learning c,c++ programming in linux.
For that i need to know the library functions available.
So, plz guide me to install GNU c,c++ library functions and their
manual in step by step in Fedora 8 and in Fedora 9.

Advance thanks.

Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger.
<http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_messenger_1/*http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/>

yum install gcc
and I think the command to install c++ is
yum install g++

You may want some other packages, install them in the same way.

--Russell

Old 08-04-2008, 05:18 AM
"이은태"

try yum -y groupinstall "Development Tools";

I'm learning c,c++ programming in linux.

For that i need to know the library functions available.

So, plz guide me to install GNU c,c++ library functions and their manual in step by step in Fedora 8 and in Fedora 9.

Advance thanks.

Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger. <http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_messenger_1/*http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/>

yum install gcc

and I think the command to install c++ is

yum install g++

You may want some other packages, install them in the same way.

--Russell

EunTae Lee (이은태, 李殷泰)

WEB : http://www.rootda.org
WEB : http://www.tajimara.org

E-mail : adminr@rootda.org
E-mail : euntae.lee@gmail.com
Tel : +82-16-275-5850

Old 08-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Armin

On Monday 04 August 2008 02:18:35 이은태 wrote:
> try yum -y groupinstall "Development Tools";
>
> 2008/8/4 Russell Miller <duskglow@gmail.com>
>
> > Prashanth Kumar wrote:
> >> Hi Everybody,
> >>
> >> I'm learning c,c++ programming in linux.
> >> For that i need to know the library functions available.
> >> So, plz guide me to install GNU c,c++ library functions and their
manual
> >> in step by step in Fedora 8 and in Fedora 9.
> >>
> >> Advance thanks.
> >>

> >> Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India
Messenger. <

http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_messenger_1/*http://in.messenger.yahoo.co
> >>m/?wm=n/>
> >
> > yum install gcc
> > and I think the command to install c++ is
> > yum install g++
> >
> > You may want some other packages, install them in the same way.
> >
> > --Russell
> >
> > --
you might want to try:
$ su -c 'yum install gcc-c++'

and for reference for C++ classes and functions, you can refer to:
http://www.cppreference.com
http://www.cplusplus.com

good luck!

--
Armin

Old 08-05-2008, 03:01 AM
Les

one big help is a utility called XMAN. It will give you a list of the
manual pages among other things.

Also Info provides information on utilities and so forth.

Finally a good book on C or C++ programming. There are several, and I
recommend that you pick one oriented toward the kind of programming you
are interested in.

Regards,