Old 08-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Adil Drissi

Default Installing printer driver

Hi,

My fedora 8 detected automatically the printer when turned it on. The problem is that it hasn't the right model so it made by default another model (i have sumsung ML-5010 and it assumed that it was compatible with 5050). I keep all the default options but after that i am unable to print. So do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 08-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Anne Wilson

On Sunday 03 August 2008 23:52:39 Adil Drissi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My fedora 8 detected automatically the printer when turned it on. The
> problem is that it hasn't the right model so it made by default another
> model (i have sumsung ML-5010 and it assumed that it was compatible with
> 5050). I keep all the default options but after that i am unable to print.
> So do you have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks

It doesn't look good. I can't find any mention anywhere of this working with
linux. Your best bet is to try the model below, not the model above it.
http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Samsung-ML-5000a tells you
what to expect and what driver it will use, if it works at all.

Anne

Old 08-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Adil Drissi

Hi,

Sory i made an error while typing last time. The model is 2510, i found it in the site you gave me. But i don't know how to use tht infomation for installing it:
http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Samsung-ML-2510

Thanks

Old 08-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Dave Stevens

On Monday 04 August 2008 07:30:50 am Adil Drissi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sory i made an error while typing last time. The model is 2510, i found it
> in the site you gave me. But i don't know how to use tht infomation for
> installing it:
> http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Samsung-ML-2510
>
> Thanks

have you tried the samsung unified printer driver? works in F7.

dave