Old 08-03-2008, 06:24 PM
"Rick Lim"

Default Upgrade F8 to F9 via net install problem with yum and burning CD's

I’ve got 2 problems,

First problem:

After downloading the iso and trying to burn the cds using
roxio or poweriso as an iso file, the first disk was ok, able to boot off of it
and do a media check (tok) all the rest no matter how I burn them come back
with

*

“Unable to read the disc checksum from the primary
volume descriptor. This probably means the disc was created without adding the
checksum.”

*

So I downloaded the netinst iso, burnt it, and did a net
install/upgrade F8 to F9.

*

Second problem:

Now when I try a yum clean all I get the following message,
which I have no idea how to fix, any suggestions ?

*

[root@webserver ~]# yum update

There was a problem importing one of the Python modules

required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

*

** /usr/lib/librpm-4.4.so: undefined symbol:
rpmEscapeSpaces

*

Please install a package which provides this module, or

verify that the module is installed correctly.

*

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the

current version of Python, which is:

2.5.1 (r251:54863, Apr* 8 2008, 01:20:16)

[GCC 4.3.0 20080404 (Red Hat 4.3.0-6)]

*

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to

the yum faq at:

* http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq

*