Old 08-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Andrea

Default Fedora 9 on PS3, cant boot after update

Hi,

I have F9 on a PS3 and today I've update the PS3 software from Sony to 2.42

Then I booted Linux. No problem.
Then I updated F9 (last update dated 11/07/08).

Many new RPM installed.

Then I rebooted and the PS3 on Linux does not boot anymore.

It goes to kboot prompt and then, in the next section it stops after some USB related lines.

These are the last 3 lines of output

ps3-ehci-driver sb_05 USB 0.0 started, EHCI 1.00, driver 10 Dec 2004
hub 1-0:1.0 USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0 2 ports detected

Then the only thing I can do is to press the switch until it switches off.

1) Does anybody know what happens?
2) How can I reboot the PS3 software?
3) How can I fix it?

Cheers