-   -   messed-up encoding (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/136650-messed-up-encoding.html)

"Patrick O'Callaghan" 08-03-2008 01:47 PM

messed-up encoding

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 12:51 +0000, g wrote:

> Bj÷rn Persson wrote:
> > s÷ndagen den 3 augusti 2008 skrev g:
> >> what is program???
> >
> > Miro with an acute accent on the o.
>
> thank you. i am now pulling *miro* from getmiro.com, which by the way,
> **does not** use 'acute accent' on their site.

This is true. Perhaps the OP used the accent because he thinks the app
is named after the Catalan artist Joan Mirˇ, though the site doesn't
appear to say this. OTOH, "miro" without an accent is Spanish for "I
watch", so who knows? I mailed the devs about it sometime last year
(when they changed the name) but they never gave a straight answer.

poc

g 08-03-2008 02:10 PM

messed-up encoding

Ric Moore 08-03-2008 11:18 PM

messed-up encoding

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 09:17 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> This is true. Perhaps the OP used the accent because he thinks the app
> is named after the Catalan artist Joan Mirˇ, though the site doesn't
> appear to say this. OTOH, "miro" without an accent is Spanish for "I
> watch", so who knows? I mailed the devs about it sometime last year
> (when they changed the name) but they never gave a straight answer.

I thought that was a trademarked name of a pressure cooker. :) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
https://oar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339

g 08-04-2008 02:49 AM

messed-up encoding

Ric Moore 08-04-2008 05:51 AM

messed-up encoding

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 02:49 +0000, g wrote:

> Ric Moore wrote:
> <snip>
> > I thought that was a trademarked name of a pressure cooker. :) Ric
>
> i thought that was with 2 'r's.

It is, I just thought to toss a yuk yuk into the salad of
conversation! :) Ric

g 08-04-2008 07:23 AM

messed-up encoding