Old 08-03-2008, 12:30 PM

Default Disk error

Old 08-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Patrick Dupre

Humm,

I did a burn iso because I downloaded this image. the copy option is to
copy a DVD !

Regards

--
---

Old 08-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Anne Wilson

On Sunday 03 August 2008 13:51:57 Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Humm,
>
> I did a burn iso because I downloaded this image. the copy option is to
> copy a DVD !

Patrick, that's not necessarily true. A default burn will simply copy the
image onto the disk. If you look at the disk inside windows or any other
system, do you see the .iso file or do you see hundreds of files?

If it's the first, then you didn't 'burn an image'. All burning software has
a separate option for this, although the way it's named can vary. It's often
buried in a top menu, somewhere, rather than being obvious.

If you tell us what program you used to burn it someone may be able to tell
you where to find the setting.

Anne

Old 08-03-2008, 01:13 PM
"Waleed Harbi"

The option to copy iso most of applications they called Copy Image which is ISO file. I prefer test your iso on Virtualbox before you burn it on DVD.

Virtualbox
http://www.virtualbox.org/

Old 08-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Patrick Dupre

Hello Anne,

I did tried xcdroast and GnomeBaker. both gave the same, ie. a DVD with
directories: images, isolinux etc....
I did not find a way to copy a .iso from the hard drive to the DVD !

Regards.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:45 PM

Old 08-03-2008, 01:51 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 14:30 +0100, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello Anne,
>
> I did tried xcdroast and GnomeBaker. both gave the same, ie. a DVD with
> directories: images, isolinux etc....
> I did not find a way to copy a .iso from the hard drive to the DVD !

Yes you did. That's what you get when you copy the image. Assuming the
DVD is burned correctly, your problem is more likely to be with the
drive on the laptop, as you said it was old. Can it read other DVDs,
especially those of the same media type? Media types are not all created
equal and older drives may not be able to read them.

poc

Old 08-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Patrick Dupre

sha1sum -c SHA1SUM