-   -   Disk error (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/136617-disk-error.html)

g 08-03-2008 12:30 PM

Disk error

Patrick Dupre 08-03-2008 12:51 PM

Disk error

Humm,

I did a burn iso because I downloaded this image. the copy option is to
copy a DVD !

Regards

--
---

Anne Wilson 08-03-2008 01:04 PM

Disk error

On Sunday 03 August 2008 13:51:57 Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Humm,
>
> I did a burn iso because I downloaded this image. the copy option is to
> copy a DVD !

Patrick, that's not necessarily true. A default burn will simply copy the
image onto the disk. If you look at the disk inside windows or any other
system, do you see the .iso file or do you see hundreds of files?

If it's the first, then you didn't 'burn an image'. All burning software has
a separate option for this, although the way it's named can vary. It's often
buried in a top menu, somewhere, rather than being obvious.

If you tell us what program you used to burn it someone may be able to tell
you where to find the setting.

Anne

"Waleed Harbi" 08-03-2008 01:13 PM

Disk error

The option to copy iso most of applications they called Copy Image which is ISO file. I prefer test your iso on Virtualbox before you burn it on DVD.

Virtualbox
http://www.virtualbox.org/

Patrick Dupre 08-03-2008 01:30 PM

Disk error

Hello Anne,

I did tried xcdroast and GnomeBaker. both gave the same, ie. a DVD with
directories: images, isolinux etc....
I did not find a way to copy a .iso from the hard drive to the DVD !

Regards.

g 08-03-2008 01:45 PM

Disk error

"Patrick O'Callaghan" 08-03-2008 01:51 PM

Disk error

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 14:30 +0100, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello Anne,
>
> I did tried xcdroast and GnomeBaker. both gave the same, ie. a DVD with
> directories: images, isolinux etc....
> I did not find a way to copy a .iso from the hard drive to the DVD !

Yes you did. That's what you get when you copy the image. Assuming the
DVD is burned correctly, your problem is more likely to be with the
drive on the laptop, as you said it was old. Can it read other DVDs,
especially those of the same media type? Media types are not all created
equal and older drives may not be able to read them.

poc

Patrick Dupre 08-03-2008 02:00 PM

Disk error

sha1sum -c SHA1SUM