Old 08-03-2008, 11:50 AM
"Marcelo M. Garcia"

Default Anyone using stateless linux?

Hi

I was reading about "stateless linux" and seems a great idea. I would
like to know if it's being used, the overall experience, in other words,
if it is ready for to be used in a production environment. In special as
corporate desktop with local storage.

thanks

Marcelo

Old 08-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Axel Thimm

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 12:50:20PM +0100, Marcelo M. Garcia wrote:
> I was reading about "stateless linux" and seems a great idea. I would
> like to know if it's being used, the overall experience, in other words,
> if it is ready for to be used in a production environment.

stateless linux is not something you install like a package, but
rather a general concept and marketing name. And all parts that have
been implemented in Fedora until now are already being used.

> In special as corporate desktop with local storage.

Maybe what you are looking for is cobbler and maybe also
bcfg2/puppet/cfengine.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net