Old 08-02-2008, 07:43 PM

Default mouse wheel workspace switcher?

Old 08-02-2008, 07:47 PM

Old 08-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Carroll Grigsby

On Saturday 02 August 2008 03:43:06 pm g wrote:
> Beartooth wrote:
> > Anyone recognize the feature and know where the
> > setting is found?
>
> 'control center > desktop > behavior > general > mouse button actions'

hago:

While it's true that in F8 with KDE 3.5.9. the mouse wheel can be used to
switch desktops as Beartooth described, I haven't found a way to do that in
F9 with either KDE 4 or Gnome, and Beartooth was referring to F9. It _is_
part of the XFCE desktop, and has been for some time.

And FWIW, the F8 KDE setting is found at Control Center > Desktop > Multiple
Desktops where there is a check box to set/unset the desired behavior.

Back to the original post, the switching mechanism used in the *buntu family
is somewhat different than used in KDE 3.5.9 and XFCE. The former show a
rotating box -- kind of zoomy -- whereas the latter just flip to the
alternate workspace -- much quicker.

-- cmg

Old 08-03-2008, 05:09 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 10:49 -0400, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> On Saturday 02 August 2008 03:43:06 pm g wrote:
> > Beartooth wrote:
> > > Anyone recognize the feature and know where the
> > > setting is found?
> >
> > 'control center > desktop > behavior > general > mouse button actions'
> >

> hago:
>
> While it's true that in F8 with KDE 3.5.9. the mouse wheel can be used to
> switch desktops as Beartooth described, I haven't found a way to do that in
> F9 with either KDE 4 or Gnome, and Beartooth was referring to F9. It _is_
> part of the XFCE desktop, and has been for some time.

In both KDE 3.5 and KDE 4.x, you can use the scroll wheel when the mouse
is over the pager icon in the panel.

poc

Old 08-03-2008, 05:31 PM

Old 08-03-2008, 05:35 PM

Old 08-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Beartooth

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 19:47:49 +0000, g wrote:
[...]
>> 'control center > desktop > behavior > general > mouse button actions'
>
> also, should have mentioned, if right button is set for 'desktop menu',
> you can get there quicker.

Thanks, I passed that back; but I don't even find control center;
is that something in KDE?

Old 08-03-2008, 06:34 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 17:56 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 19:47:49 +0000, g wrote:
> [...]
> >> 'control center > desktop > behavior > general > mouse button actions'
> >
> > also, should have mentioned, if right button is set for 'desktop menu',
> > you can get there quicker.
>
> Thanks, I passed that back; but I don't even find control center;
> is that something in KDE?

Control Center is from KDE 3.5. IN KDE 4.x it's the Settings menu item.

poc

Old 08-03-2008, 06:36 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"