Old 08-01-2008, 11:18 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

Default VirtualBox settings tab is blanked out

I've been using VirtualBox as an alternative to VMware for a few months
and have had good results so far. However recently (sorry but I can't be
more precise) the VB control panel has the Settings tab blanked out,
i.e. it's non-selectable. This is when running as user or as root. It
doesn't depend on the guest system.

This definitely used to work, as it's necessary to configure USB filters
and I have a couple already set up.

I just updated to the latest version
(VirtualBox-1.6.4_33808_fedora9-1.x86_64.rpm) and it didn't solve this.

I'd appreciate a nudge in the right direction. There are one or two
posts on the VB forums saying the same thing, but with no answers.

poc