Old 08-01-2008, 06:47 PM
linuxguy

Default Where the h%^&^%$#! is KDE 4.1 ?

Why hasn't KDE4.1 hit the F9 stable repositories yet ? It was supposed
to be out at the end of July. Its been released for general download
and other distributions have it.

Why hasn't Fedora released it ?

Thanks

Old 08-01-2008, 06:57 PM
linuxguy

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 15:07 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> linuxguy wrote:
>
> > Why hasn't KDE4.1 hit the F9 stable repositories yet ? It was supposed
> > to be out at the end of July. Its been released for general download
> > and other distributions have it.
> >
> > Why hasn't Fedora released it ?
>
> It *is* released, but only to updates-testing at the moment. Good thing
> too, since it's initial release a good number of bugs have been found and
> fixed. When it's good and ready, it'll be moved to stable, rest assured.
> My best guess, within a few days to a week.
>
> Patience grasshopper.

(Sheepishly) Thanks for the update. I can't complain that you guys
are finding and fixing bugs before it gets out.

Thanks for your efforts.

LG

Old 08-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Rex Dieter

linuxguy wrote:

> Why hasn't KDE4.1 hit the F9 stable repositories yet ? It was supposed
> to be out at the end of July. Its been released for general download
> and other distributions have it.
>
> Why hasn't Fedora released it ?

It *is* released, but only to updates-testing at the moment. Good thing
too, since it's initial release a good number of bugs have been found and
fixed. When it's good and ready, it'll be moved to stable, rest assured.
My best guess, within a few days to a week.

Patience grasshopper.

-- Rex

Old 08-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Jim

linuxguy wrote:

Why hasn't KDE4.1 hit the F9 stable repositories yet ? It was supposed
to be out at the end of July. Its been released for general download
and other distributions have it.

Why hasn't Fedora released it ?

Thanks

What are you a Glutten for Punishment ?
After reading all the horror stories on the Kubuntu forum I'm scared to
do a update.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Anne Wilson

On Friday 01 August 2008 19:47:19 linuxguy wrote:
> Why hasn't KDE4.1 hit the F9 stable repositories yet ? It was supposed
> to be out at the end of July. Its been released for general download
> and other distributions have it.
>
> Why hasn't Fedora released it ?
>
> Thanks

You may not have noticed, but the end of July was only yesterday!

Anne

Old 08-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Armin

On Friday 01 August 2008 15:47:19 linuxguy wrote:
> Why hasn't KDE4.1 hit the F9 stable repositories yet ? It was supposed
> to be out at the end of July. Its been released for general download
> and other distributions have it.
>
> Why hasn't Fedora released it ?
>
> Thanks
it's under last-minute-polishing by KDE SIG. If you are so eager to get it (
like me ) you can enable updates-testing repository and get it. Or wait a
few days, it should hit the updates repo one of these days!

--
Armin

Old 08-02-2008, 08:30 AM
"abhishek rane"

I have tried it ,its pretty much ok,except a few bugs...Impatient people like me (sure there maybe others) should not be overlooked by Fedora Packaging....

Old 08-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Anne Wilson

On Saturday 02 August 2008 09:30:57 abhishek rane wrote:
> I have tried it ,its pretty much ok,except a few bugs...Impatient people
> like me (sure there maybe others) should not be overlooked by Fedora
> Packaging....

When a farmer harvests the peas they are not immediately on the supermarket
shelf :-) Think about it

Anne

Old 08-07-2008, 03:35 PM
linuxguy

So... its August 7th today and no KDE4.1 stable for F9. How about an
update ?

Old 08-07-2008, 05:36 PM
"Gilboa Davara"

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 6:35 PM, linuxguy <linuxguy123@gmail.com> wrote:
> So... its August 7th today and no KDE4.1 stable for F9. How about an
> update ?

A. Please don't top post. [1]
B. Be -polite-. Being rude will only get you ignore, banned or both.
C. Members of the KDE-SIG (most of them volunteers) are working -hard-
to get the best KDE experience possible for Fedora users. Wanna help?
Use the updates-testing repository (for now) find bugs, report them
upstream and help get a better KDE 4.1 out.
D. If you rather not help the KDE 4.1 testing, you'll have to wait... patiently.

I'd suggest you read the ML guidelines [2] before posting.

- Gilboa
[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/MailingListGuidelines#If_You_Are_Replying_to_a_Mes sage..