Old 08-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Jim

Default Downloading IBM Lotus Symphony , Java problems

FC8-x86_64.
While trying to download *Lotus Symphony* the Download Director says I
have to have Jave enabled,

Firefox-3 , Java is enabled in preferences.
/usr/java/jre1.6.0_03 is installed.

What isn't working ??
I tried a http:// download but the IBM website won't let me.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Jim

Jim wrote:

FC8-x86_64.
While trying to download *Lotus Symphony* the Download Director says I
have to have Jave enabled,

Firefox-3 , Java is enabled in preferences.
/usr/java/jre1.6.0_03 is installed.

What isn't working ??
I tried a http:// download but the IBM website won't let me.

Is it illegal to download Lotus Symphony in the U.S. , Read Warning below.

IBM Lotus Symphony 1

//

*System Requirements*

* Windows
o Supported Windows platforms: Windows XP, Windows Vista
* Linux
o Supported Linux platforms: Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop 10,
Redhat Enterprise Linux 5

WARNING: The country in which you are presently located may have
restrictions on the import, possession, and use, or re-export to another
country, of encryption software. BEFORE downloading any encryption
software, please check the country's laws, regulations and policies
concerning the import, possession, or use, and re-export of encryption
software, to see if this is permitted.

Downloads

*IBM Lotus Symphony*
*Linux*
*English*
*2008-05-30*

To download using Download Director, select the files you want below and
click on 'Download now'. Learn more.
<http://www6.software.ibm.com/cgi-bin/dldir/doc/DDfaq?locale=en_US>

You can also download the files using http
<file:///webapp/iwm/web/download.do?source=swerplotus-lsymb3&S_PKG=lnxen&S_TACT=104CBW71&lang=en_US&&&dl method=http>.

Download using Download Director
<cidart1.01020404.02090501@sbcglobal.net> Download using http
<file:///webapp/iwm/web/download.do?source=swerplotus-lsymb3&S_PKG=lnxen&S_TACT=104CBW71&lang=en_US&&&dl method=http>

*Lotus Symphony Setup for Linux*
IBM_Lotus_Symphony_linux.bin (302,108,551)

Download now <cidart1.01020404.02090501@sbcglobal.net>

Old 08-01-2008, 10:28 PM
"Michael H. Warfield"

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 12:23 -0400, Jim wrote:
> Jim wrote:
> > FC8-x86_64.
> > While trying to download *Lotus Symphony* the Download Director says I
> > have to have Jave enabled,
> > Firefox-3 , Java is enabled in preferences.
> > /usr/java/jre1.6.0_03 is installed.
> >
> > What isn't working ??
> > I tried a http:// download but the IBM website won't let me.
> >
> Is it illegal to download Lotus Symphony in the U.S. , Read Warning below.

Ok... I'm presuming you're merely be facetious but someone might
actually take that seriously.

1) The warning says nothing about it being illegal. It merely says to
check the laws where you live.

2) The download site is in the US.

3) Possession of cryptography in the US has never been illegal.

4) The import of cryptography to the US have never been illegal.

5) The export of cryptography use to be illegal (under ITAR and earlier
EAR regulations) but, for open source software at least, restrictions
were abolished YEARS ago except for a requirement to register the sites
hosting the software. No download restrictions on the clients. Not
even the "know your customer" requirements or T7 restrictions for OSS
binaries and/or sources.

For reference: I'm the author of the original SSL code for fetchmail.
Yes, I really did talk to our lawyers about that before releasing the
code as OpenSource and posting it with Eric Raymond on his site. That
was in the days BEFORE they made that legal.

Mike

> IBM Lotus Symphony 1

> //

> *System Requirements*
>
> * Windows
> o Supported Windows platforms: Windows XP, Windows Vista
> * Linux
> o Supported Linux platforms: Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop 10,
> Redhat Enterprise Linux 5
>

> WARNING: The country in which you are presently located may have
> restrictions on the import, possession, and use, or re-export to another
> country, of encryption software. BEFORE downloading any encryption
> software, please check the country's laws, regulations and policies
> concerning the import, possession, or use, and re-export of encryption
> software, to see if this is permitted.
>

> Downloads
>
> *IBM Lotus Symphony*
> *Linux*
> *English*
> *2008-05-30*
>
> To download using Download Director, select the files you want below and
> click on 'Download now'. Learn more.
> <http://www6.software.ibm.com/cgi-bin/dldir/doc/DDfaq?locale=en_US>
>
> You can also download the files using http
> <file:///webapp/iwm/web/download.do?source=swerplotus-lsymb3&S_PKG=lnxen&S_TACT=104CBW71〈=en_US&&&dlme thod=http>.
>

> Download using Download Director
> <cidart1.01020404.02090501@sbcglobal.net> Download using http
> <file:///webapp/iwm/web/download.do?source=swerplotus-lsymb3&S_PKG=lnxen&S_TACT=104CBW71〈=en_US&&&dlme thod=http>
>

> *Lotus Symphony Setup for Linux*
> IBM_Lotus_Symphony_linux.bin (302,108,551)
>
> Download now <cidart1.01020404.02090501@sbcglobal.net>

Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 985-6132 | mhw@WittsEnd.com
//|=mhw=|// | (678) 463-0932 | http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/
PGP Key: 0xDF1DD471 | possible worlds. A pessimist is sure of it!