Old 08-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo

Default Annoyance: upper right corner

Hi

I have the desktop effects activated. But when I touch, by mistake, the
upper right corner with the mouse pointer, the windows picker starts.

Googled, installed ccsm, deactivated the option (ccsm/Window
Management/Scale/bindings/Initiate Window Picker: all disabled), but it
still keeps the same nasty behaviour.

Where can I disable this window picker?

Thanks a lot.
Rodolfo Alcazar - rodolfo.alcazar@padep.org.bo
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962

Old 08-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Tim

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 07:45 -0400, Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo wrote:
> I have the desktop effects activated. But when I touch, by mistake,
> the upper right corner with the mouse pointer, the windows picker
> starts.
>
> Googled, installed ccsm, deactivated the option (ccsm/Window
> Management/Scale/bindings/Initiate Window Picker: all disabled), but
> it still keeps the same nasty behaviour.
>
> Where can I disable this window picker?

In the past I discovered the same annoyance, and I changed the location
that it triggered off to the bottom left hand corner, where Gnome
usually has an icon to hide all the windows on the desktop. I found
that much more practical.

I seem to recall doing it through the gconf-editor, changing a topright
key value to bottomleft. Though it should be easier to do with a
configuration tool geared towards customising compiz.

I don't have that computer set up at the moment, to see how I did it,
specifically.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Tim

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 22:09 +0930, Tim wrote:
> I don't have that computer set up at the moment, to see how I did
> it...

In gconf-editor: /apps/compiz/plugins/scale/allscreens/options/initiate_edge
was set as TopRight, I set it as BottomLeft.

I've only had moderate success at enabling and disabling some effects.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo

Thanks, works fine. This is the procedure:

- open gconf-editor
- open branch /apps/ compiz/plugins/scale/Allscreens/options
- set initiate_edge from "TopRight" to "Disabled"

Greetings.

Am Samstag, den 02.08.2008, 00:00 +0930 schrieb Tim:
> On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 22:09 +0930, Tim wrote:
> > I don't have that computer set up at the moment, to see how I did
> > it...
>
> In gconf-editor: /apps/compiz/plugins/scale/allscreens/options/initiate_edge
> was set as TopRight, I set it as BottomLeft.
>
> I've only had moderate success at enabling and disabling some effects.
>
> --
> [tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
> 2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686
>
> Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored. I
> read messages from the public lists.

--
Rodolfo Alcazar
Responsable red y datos

Deutsche Gesellschaft fr
Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH

Programa de Apoyo a la Gestin Pblica Descentralizada y
Lucha Contra La Pobreza - PADEP
Av. Snchez Lima 2226
La Paz, Bolivia

Tel: +591 22417628 (121)